Daily Halibut Limit?? Any change for Sept 1???

CanuckCTD

Any rumors of changes to the daily limit? Last year on Sept 1 it went from 1 per day to 2 per day. Just wondering if there is any mention of this happening. I only have one so far this year.

Thanks

That's one more Hail, than I got.....I think that it will stay the same. One per day is better than None.

I believe it will remain open and the same as is for now....

Doesn't matter when the natives are long lining the ***** out of them. Over 20 long lines in our area alone, most on black crab trap floats. I'm sure all those fish are being reported....not!!

There will be no changes made to the current regs. The prediction is we will finish with a full season (December) very close to the TAC, with not a lot of room for moving to 2 per day 2 possession. So you can expect to be able to fish Hali for the remainder of the year...that was the original objective of the current regs.

Good to hear on full season. Heard as of July 31, were about 75,000lbs more than last year, but initial numbers for August were down so looking like we would have about 60,000-100,000lbs left over at end of season.

Good to hear on full season. Heard as of July 31, were about 75,000lbs more than last year, but initial numbers for August were down so looking like we would have about 60,000-100,000lbs left over at end of season.

Or about 3,000 fish give or take, assuming your numbers are correct. Current data shows we have 649,000 pounds at end of July and predicted to conclude season at 1.13 million pounds if status quo fishery regs stay in place. Pretty close and exceeds to the total allowable TAC of 1.063 million pounds.

I never hear much about Hali fishing in the fall - probably cause I start reading the hunting forum instead :) but how does it compare w the spring Hali fishing? Other than the weather and lower daylight, do many halibut stay in the same areas they're found earlier in the year or do most take off to the deeps to spawn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter when the natives are long lining the ***** out of them. Over 20 long lines in our area alone, most on black crab trap floats. I'm sure all those fish are being reported....not!!

Saw the same in Winter Harbour in August. Black floats.

Love it. Gives me a reason to be on the water after the chum are done. Stopped fishing them in the spring so I could take a few in the fall. Fresh is soo much better than frozen.

Back