Cyclone Flasher.

I'll let someone else test drive that one before I pay $25-$30 for another flasher.I probably already have 50 or so that never get wet.

It's an old idea

cache_240_720_0_100_100_16777215_S008%20BACK.jpg

Anything is worth a try, I would imagine the first time they came out with the first flasher, or dodger there were guys that thought they were not needed. Personally I’ll never come to the presumption that where we are at is as far as we can go. Live, learn, keep the learning curve forever searching.

ill continue to smash fish with my chrome on chartreuse $11 hotspot flashers right next to guys fish their 30 dollar cyclone flashers and LED hoochies . 20 dollars that could be spent on herring
+1. My number 1 late season producer last year. Found it at a garage sale for 50c and put about $2 of lubricant into it. Works like a hot damn.
That said... I'm not established enough in my fishing habits to resist a cool looking thing! $30 is a bit steep though.

Today I watched on BCOSF on TV. They fished for cohoes in Orgeron . They used the cyclone flasher came with a 4" or 5" hearing with dyed blue or chartreuse.
In my option the cyclone flashers are looking cool but they are so pricey.

Last edited:
Today I watched on BCOSF on TV. They fished for cohoes in Orgeron . They used the cyclone flasher came with a 4" or 5" hearing with dyed blue or chartreuse.
In my option the cyclone flashers are looking cool but they are so pricey.

Pricey and they look like heavy drag on them. I’d like to try a couple as dummy flashers.

years ago a friend was fishing with me and there was no action for us or any other boat we could see. he got in his wet gear bag and brought out a flasher called the dazzler. It looked like the one Dogbreath posted above except it was chrome with a red propeller. I told him he was crazy but we would try since nothing else worked. Put it down with an anchovy and caught a nice spring within minutes. I couldn't get the **** eating grin off his face. I have tried it since many times as a dummy, in line, with spoons and bait. Nothing since not even a shaker. Still on the boat though just in case.

Pricey and they look like heavy drag on them. I’d like to try a couple as dummy flashers.
I saw the flashers were at the boat show. I didnt check them out. Because of the price was so high then I dont touch them lol.
Our hotspot and Gibbs flashers are working much better.

years ago a friend was fishing with me and there was no action for us or any other boat we could see. he got in his wet gear bag and brought out a flasher called the dazzler. It looked like the one Dogbreath posted above except it was chrome with a red propeller. I told him he was crazy but we would try since nothing else worked. Put it down with an anchovy and caught a nice spring within minutes. I couldn't get the **** eating grin off his face. I have tried it since many times as a dummy, in line, with spoons and bait. Nothing since not even a shaker. Still on the boat though just in case.

Thank you for your tip. I am so glad I didnt buy one. I dont want throw my money in the water for the ****** one. Lol.

We use 'triangle' style flashers here in tidewater areas of the Columbia and bays up and down the coast in Oregon. Companies like ShortBus here in Oregon have refined them to a fine art. No internal spinning 'wings' though. Basically for 'dirty' shallow water fisheries 30? feet and under. We rig them typically with main line (65# braid) down to a swivel. 12" to 18" lead dropper on a slider on the main line, on something stiff like one strand of phone cord wire to a clip with 8oz to 16oz lead depending on depth and current flow. Back to the main line swivel....12" to 24", depending on personal preference, of 150# mono or titanium wire to the front of the flasher (keeps it away from the lead on the drop) then 36" to 60" of 30# to 50# fluoro leader with a swivel (ball bearing or chain) in the middle, to plug cut or whole Herring, anchovy, or possibly a spinner. In tidal areas they are fished trolling right on the bottom on the ebb and somewhat suspended on the flood (tidewater Columbia). There is a transition going on here to 11" flashers like the HotSpot with a size 3.5 spinner 24" to 36" behind on 50# fluoro. They are rigged as above, but the lead is typically on the heavy end (16oz) and attached fixed to the terminal swivel on the main line. People here think they need to add an angled fin to make them work in the current, but we use our HotSpots (our favorite Clear UV Chameleon with Silver Crystal Flash tape) with really good success.
We seldom use 'Triangles" in the ocean unless we are fishing in less than 30' of water. Always use HotSpots and usually downriggers. Hopefully, the above gives you a little 'application' information to help put things in perspective. As far as price point, a 'quality' 8" triangle flasher with ball bearing swivels on both ends from somebody like ShortBus is about $12.00 USD, $8.00 on sale. $30.00? Never happen here.
For your Ocean fishery off the Island, I personally wouldn't bother.....................................but then again, banging the bottom slow trolling for Halibut, might be just the thing.
Stay Safe. Have a Great Day!
Tuna Maru

Last years big hitters...
That Herring Aide Coho Killer was lights out the last two years in a row off Ukie for us in 'pre open' July. We were always inside the tide line, but from Wya to Cree that's all we used on all rods. My wife and I had an honest 40 fish tide bite behind Effingham last year all on that spoon. Ours look the same and keep on catching. Wouldn't be without.
Stay Safe!
Tuna Maru

We use 'triangle' style flashers here in tidewater areas of the Columbia and bays up and down the coast in Oregon. Companies like ShortBus here in Oregon have refined them to a fine art. No internal spinning 'wings' though. Basically for 'dirty' shallow water fisheries 30? feet and under. We rig them typically with main line (65# braid) down to a swivel. 12" to 18" lead dropper on a slider on the main line, on something stiff like one strand of phone cord wire to a clip with 8oz to 16oz lead depending on depth and current flow. Back to the main line swivel....12" to 24", depending on personal preference, of 150# mono or titanium wire to the front of the flasher (keeps it away from the lead on the drop) then 36" to 60" of 30# to 50# fluoro leader with a swivel (ball bearing or chain) in the middle, to plug cut or whole Herring, anchovy, or possibly a spinner. In tidal areas they are fished trolling right on the bottom on the ebb and somewhat suspended on the flood (tidewater Columbia). There is a transition going on here to 11" flashers like the HotSpot with a size 3.5 spinner 24" to 36" behind on 50# fluoro. They are rigged as above, but the lead is typically on the heavy end (16oz) and attached fixed to the terminal swivel on the main line. People here think they need to add an angled fin to make them work in the current, but we use our HotSpots (our favorite Clear UV Chameleon with Silver Crystal Flash tape) with really good success.
We seldom use 'Triangles" in the ocean unless we are fishing in less than 30' of water. Always use HotSpots and usually downriggers. Hopefully, the above gives you a little 'application' information to help put things in perspective. As far as price point, a 'quality' 8" triangle flasher with ball bearing swivels on both ends from somebody like ShortBus is about $12.00 USD, $8.00 on sale. $30.00? Never happen here.
For your Ocean fishery off the Island, I personally wouldn't bother.....................................but then again, banging the bottom slow trolling for Halibut, might be just the thing.
Stay Safe. Have a Great Day!
Tuna Maru
I've used them in the past for stacking tight in shallow water and they PRODUCE for coho. Just the normal triangles not these stupid ones lol

Back