craigslist electric downriggers

What percentage of these down riggers are stolen?
who knows but they do go missing on occasion. Best thing we can all do is be courteous to our fellow boating friends at the dock and hope that they keep an eye out in our absence and vice versa. I hate thieves and will likely put a gaff through one if I ever catch one. Worse is crab poachers who steal your trap too. I mean c'mon if you can get out on the water and take a persons catch or trap you can certainly afford to get a garage sale trap for yourself.

This reminds me of when our 3 boats stopped at the Whitespot in Campbell River about 8:00 am on the way to Nootka three years ago. We parked on a grassy area next to the Jiffy Lube and headed in for breakfast. On our return a lady in a walker pointed out a FN chap had just walked away with one of my buddies electric downriggers. We saw him sauntering around looking confused without the downrigger so we called the RCMP rather than further confronting him. They had him cornered in no time. We searched the area and eventually found the rigger tossed in a nearby bush. Would have really put a damper on the trip but thanks to that lady we contiued on in good spirits. I hope the chap faced some kind of disipline but who knows.

What percentage of these down riggers are stolen?

Downriggers are like crackhead currency. easy $300 all day long. friend had his ripped off a while back, police said they move up and down the island quicker than cars to other pawn shops etc where the serial numbers won’t be found so quickly.

I just tighten the 4 bolts with pliers so they will not loosen with thieving fingers. You don't need to stop a thief, just slow them down long enough that they move on to something easy.

Back