Craiglist Ad for Fraser Springs

IronNoggin

Before the ad was pulled, it had over thousand hits and a hundred shares on 1 forum.
Likely seen by 10,000 people.
Now removed as one very similar was too:

"https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van...926013492.html

Fresh Frazer River Salmon - $20 (Hope B.C)
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

Hi there, we're happy to report we have fresh Spring Salmon available for sale by the pound @4.00 dollars per. SOCKEYE have arrived and are 20.00 dollars each. Text if possible or email.

show contact info
Ask for Chris or Ashley.

Let's make a deal. Larger orders can get a reduced price per fish
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 6926013492"

Reduced FN opportunities you say... Riiiggght! :rolleyes:

Nog

65780368_10162009011465252_4565187551429656576_n.jpg

We call the DFO report line every time we see illegally advertised fish, crab, prawn etc. As it sometimes turns out the prawns are being sold by commercial prawn guys selling from their home rather than landing the catch. If more people reported, and included the FB ad etc, then DFO would have to start doing something about it. A poacher is a poacher.

We call the DFO report line every time we see illegally advertised fish, crab, prawn etc. As it sometimes turns out the prawns are being sold by commercial prawn guys selling from their home rather than landing the catch. If more people reported, and included the FB ad etc, then DFO would have to start doing something about it. A poacher is a poacher.

I reported it, was told that many many people had phoned this one in. Redundancy is our friend here!

Great to hear, thank you for taking the time to report. I have a friend in C&P and he says they track every report...the more quality reports the better because it forces the higher up's to assign officer time to trouble hot spots. We need to give them as much detail and accurate reporting as possible. Several sting operations have netted some big poachers....including leading to some boat seizures apparently of rec anglers retaining chinook in non-retention waters. I haven't seen actual reports on the busts, but one rumour was one boat seized had some 20 or so Chinook on board...serious poachers.

Called it in to DFO, the lady I talked to seemed very receptive and appreciative of it. Thx for the post Nog

Nog, FYI , unfortuneatly ( or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I was told by several in an anglers chat group that this craig's ad from Hope BC ( Chris and Ashley) was a hoax.
I wanted to pass it along as possible info to bring fwd at an existing media interview and was warned it was highly likely a hoax......a fake done to 'stir the pot'. The phone number apparently turned out to be an Escrow company.

Still good to take it seriously and report these but realize that there are some faked to create the very action they do

Watch what happens after July 15...
Poaching is very real.
Except with legal openings on endangered Chinook poaching is not s concern.

Did DFO give confirmation this was a fake ad?

How many gill nets has C&P seized so far this year on the Fraser this year?

The add may be fake but the poaching is very real.

I almost forgot that there could be someone on this forum that might actually think because one ad selling chinook is reported to likely be fake, that poaching then doesn't exist. Yep unfortunately poaching is very real but the catching of the poachers, much less real :O

Did DFO give confirmation this was a fake ad?

I was told "highly likely" a fake so that does not sound like there was any confirmation from DFO. Follow up could possibly find more detail....

Last edited:
After a little looking, yes, the ad in this case was a fake. The number goes to a call girl agency.

Snookered me alright.

Still pays to be diligent methinks...
Nog

Just make sure your calls to the call girl agency are deleted from your phone before your better half notices them lol

Back