Anne-Aymone

Hello! So I'm thinking of getting my father who LOVES to fish a present... however I forgot the name of the equipment so would appreciate it if anyone knows :) It's a circular machine that when you spin it the rope from pulling up the prawn and crab trap from hauler will be collected onto the machine and you can then take the rope off it and now its become a neat pile of rope. If you guys know the name of it please let me know and any recommendations? Thanks! Also he wants to try Halibut so if anyone got tips on equipment and how to find them will be great!

I have a Scotty trap puller. I love it. Makes hauling traps very easy. I like that it takes up little storage space and can be used on a downrigger mount.

I have a new ace hauler and I like it a lot. Fits the scotty mount and plug. One thing the warranty is one year on the ace but it may be lifetime on the scotty like their riggers.

If storage space is an issue,I'd also highly recommend the Scotty Puller.Takes up very little room on the floor of the boat which is critical in my 16 ft.DE.If it's for a larger boat the Ace is nice with the boom that lifts the trap higher out of the water.Saves the back!

I have both. Prefer the ace line hauler. Once in the carry bag I find it easier to store than the scotty. Ace lies flat in the front of my 20ft aluminum. Also easier to get traps over the rail with the Ace as it lifts the traps higher before you need to stop the drum. Both great products but if I had to choose one then I'd go with the Ace all day.

I have a new ace hauler and I like it a lot. Fits the scotty mount and plug. One thing the warranty is one year on the ace but it may be lifetime on the scotty like their riggers.

Bought an Ace nine years ago. The switch finally quit, first they mailed me a switch, no charge. Then I had some issues with the re and re, had a buddy drop it off at Ace, they charged something ridiculous like five bucks, then I had it shipped back for$30.

Also had a switch go. Phoned and they sent me one no charge. Came with instructions on how to change. 1hr Re & Re and we were back in business.

Make sure to switch your fuse out to a 40 Amp fuse or you'll burn out the 30amp for your scottys at the worst time. I'm installing a dedicated scotty plug for the puller on my next boat.

^^^ that's what I did after popping a 30A. Made the 40A cable long enough to reach either side of the boat in case of a downrigger wiring issue down the road also. Ace unit is awesome especially with the hands free option. Takes all the work out.

Back