Cowichan River

I dont think either of them are guiding the North island rivers. Sounds like Rambling Fisherman is doing well on the Cowie.

Mag wart. I thenk he meant to but a v instead of an m. Vag wart more like it

EEEWWWWWW.... I think this is a good time not to accompany a post with a google image :rolleyes:

Well here's a quick fishing report,

The water is a nice green with about 6ft of visibility, the level is a bit on the low side but not bad at all. The fishing has been good, lots of Chrome fish through the system and some spawned out fish already. The pressure is low, there was more people fishing the river in early feb than now.

Today the sun was out, what a great day!

Just so some of you clowns know, we had a great time with Ian and he got us into real nice fish. Plus a very pleasant guy to fish with. Will do it again for sure and recommend him to my buddies.

Just so some of you clowns know, we had a great time with Ian and he got us into real nice fish. Plus a very pleasant guy to fish with. Will do it again for sure and recommend him to my buddies.

Clowns..... hehe. Should have had a
smiley_clown.gif
with that post....

Hey guys.... just so you know.... Chisp upped the image per post setting to 10 pics per post..

Lets see some pics... including you Ian... I didn't see the fungus VW was talking about

Hes guiding on north island now?Didnt he just fish these rivers for.the first time a few months ago?
If anybody is looking for a REAL guide get in touch with murpheys or myers...not this joker!!!

murpheys hey?..... Are they related to.....

Lamprey.jpg

LR - As soon as I get home from the river, I'll post some chrome pics and the fungus fish up for you to see.

Chris, thanks for the kind words and Im glad you enjoyed the day!

I saw the fish..... just not the fungus :D

The rambler is and has been a class act as far as I'm concerned. I have followed him from the start, he is the source of most of my fishing knowledge salt and fresh. He has responded to every email I have sent looking for info giving me quality tips and hints. I have also had the pleasure of going on two guided trips with him catching my first steel. My wife has now caught 6 steelhead from the locations he took us. Fishing with the rambler is just like fishing with one of our regular partners and will we will be booking soon for the fall spring and coho season.

There is not many people out there in cyber space who will answer any and all questions sent his way. So go hate on some who deserves it.

Springnut - Thanks for the support! You guys (and gal) are great and full of passion for the sport and I look forward to seeing you again.

Well I'm not going to post fish pics here but you can see some of them on my blog or on FB. I will post this video of a hard fighting chrome Cowi Steely that one of my guests released last week: (best to be watched in full screen and HD)

[wtBXrOA99Tk] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtBXrOA99Tk

Last edited by a moderator:
Look people put your tampons in and get on with life. Ian is a great guy, and a good guide. Now lets get back on with what this thread is about, fishing not raging on people that don't deserve it.

Anyone willing to put in the time and effort to promote fishing for kids must be doing something right.

I have been fortunate enough to have both my children (10 & 7 ) take a real interest this past year in trout fishing and I get the pleasure of spending quality time doing something I love with people I love. I hope he finds his event successful and I look forward to maybe having an opportunity to participate next year when my son is old enough.

Great Job and thanks holmes for showing this.
Biaka

Fished the Cowi today. One to the beach. Was a pretty beat up kelt,so I guess a few have spawned already. Any more like that, and
I'm gonna shut er down for the year. Don't like 'harrassing' them when the're in that kind of shape!

Hmmm must be looking for more work, why not keep it to yourself instead of starting a Newbie Mob that will swarm the river. Not knowing where to fish and as a result pounding every spawner they see. Not to mention f#ck every one from fishing certian holes due to the garbage left behind!
If you know how to fish steel then you know when to fish and when to not fish. Most of all when to keep things to yourself. The river has had alot of pressure this year and doesnt need more. You alone are a huge reason why the river is turning into the Veder! At least the Vedder has a hatchery program the Cowie dont and really dont need the added pressure . If it did have a program you spouting off every other day wouldnt be so bad. If you need more work go about it a different way. Dont ever hear of any other charter companys talking about there day on Cowie to try and get work. They have been succesful by word of mouth in person, not online reports, blogs, videos etc. Let the Cowie be and let people learn themselfves and do something for the river before it ends up like the Chemainus.

Back