Cowichan river steelhead

The river is in prime shape right now. Heard of a few being caught in the lower reaches.Just got parts for my ABU
today,so I'll be on the flow the next couple of days.Give er a shot! They're in there now for sure.

Time to get out there with a fly rod and see what happens! Never caught a Steelhead before, so I'm looking forward to getting out :)

Gave it a go today. No steel lovin'. Talked to three other guys and the same thing for them. One of them had good
success in the upper river last weekend. Still a beauty day on the flow.

Fished the morning today in the mid river. hit 3 different spots and nothin, gunna head back out tomorrow morning

I heard there was some fights on the river this weekend... WTF ... It is not the vedder!!!

The cowichan has definitely been on my mind lately. Just organized some of my gear today, it looked like I was about to open a craft store with all the junk spread out everywhere. I'm thinking we need some rain... Sounds like tough fishing in most places. Isn't it forbidden to talk about steelhead online??

Anyone know if Jensen eggs are legal? :D

Isn't it forbidden to talk about steelhead online??

By golly yer right !
Don't bring up any fishing topics on a fishing forum or everybody will be crestfallen !

Hit the flow today. Pounded it hard for 4hrs. without a bite. It's low and really clear right now,which doesn't help the
cause much. Hate to say it,but I think we need some rain!

Water looks perfect but will be really low quickly in the new few days with this cold snap. Will need some rain. Drifted a couple times. Lots of water covered. Not busy. Hahaha and um not much to report .

I'd tell you about the 2 I took yesterday but I've already been flamed 3 times this season. Aw srew em!. Got 2 mid-teen fish on Jensen eggs .

The graph readings for the Cowichan at the weir are now into negative values. My buddy who lives on lake Cowichan advises that the lake is really high. Have they closed off the weir? That can't be good for all those salmoneggs that are supposed to be incubating in the upper river. Anyone know what is happening with the weir?

Back