Covered Storage for Boat in Winter?

cohochinook

The place I have stored my boat for the last 5 years has just fallen thru and I am scrambling to find a new place to store it for the winter. I prefer to have covered or indoor storage. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a 22 foot boat, so on a trailer its about 28 feet. I have the option right now of outdoor storage in Squamish, but worry about the winter months being pretty harsh on it, so prefer covered on indoor.

The place I have stored my boat for the last 5 years has just fallen thru and I am scrambling to find a new place to store it for the winter. I prefer to have covered or indoor storage. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a 22 foot boat, so on a trailer its about 28 feet. I have the option right now of outdoor storage in Squamish, but worry about the winter months being pretty harsh on it, so prefer covered on indoor.
Call TnA marine in Langely. Used to store my Maxum with them. The locations have changed over the years but I think he's got a big warehouse now.

The price for indoor storage is absurd i recently looked into it: here is an email i received from one place.

We have an 8 month minimum. You can take your boat out before, however you would have to pay for the full 8 months.

Here are the details:

Thank you for your interest in storing your boat indoors with us this year! Currently we store over 300 boats and RV's a year. Our price is $9+GST per linear foot, from the front of your trailer to the back of the boat, with a minimum of $225+GST per month and an 8 month minimum contract period. We also charge a $6/month flat-rate security monitoring fee.

For indoor storage, from April-September we provide a valet service for in-and-out access. You can take your boat away for use and bring it back without needing to cancel and restart your storage term. Our staff will valet your trailer in and out of our locked buildings, so we do ask for 48-hours notice for any exits so we have time to prepare your boat for access, but we can often get your boat out the same day. From October to the end of March, however, we do not provide any access due to the seasonal nature of boat storage completely filling our buildings.

We have mechanics that can winterize and do mechanical to your boat and trailer. Please let us know if you are wanting this service as sometimes we are booked a few weeks in advance.

For the first exit in the spring, our mechanics and detailers are often booked a week or two in advance for dewinterizing, so please allow sufficient notice for any services you require.

We have a couple spots open for the year so let us know if you were wanting to reserve a spot.

We also have outdoor storage. The cost starts at $160+GST/month for a boat, RV or trailer up to 30ft in outdoor storage, plus the same $6/month flat-rate security monitoring fee, with a 8-month minimum contract period. Outdoor storage includes in and out privileges 365 days a year from 7am - 10pm. We have self-serve parking in assigned spaces as well a valet parking service for outdoor storage for anyone uncomfortable backing and maneuvering trailers in tight quarters and to provide additional capacity, as our numbered self-serve spaces stay full most of the year.

Our facility is fully secured with a 6-foot chainlink fence, fob access at our gate to enter and exit, as well as a full video perimeter security system monitored 24/7 by Sonitrol with state of the art thermal and HD detection system. Let me know if you have any questions or if you wanted to reserve a spot. We also offer full mechanical, detailing, and transportation services. Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,

--
Mark Baggio
Premier Boat & RV
"Storage - Service - Sales - Transportation"

O: 604.855.9200

E: info@boatandrvstorage.ca

W: www.boatandrvstorage.ca

I store my RV at Premier Storage, these guys take security seriously. Having had 2 breakins at different store places, I am glad to pay the extra for some peace of mind.

We store ours in covered storage and it's great for the most part aside form the epic pidgeon **** year round. If you have a chance make sure to ask if they have a pest program in place or shrinkwrap. I'm using thin poly but it's not the best program.

Back