Cope Design - Cortes Island 30 Build

diesel heat with hydronic, having hot water to wash your hands or ( the wifes face) ,especially overnighting is a god send. something to think about that you never really think you'd like until you have it. one of my favorite things is having a hot fresh water tap on board.
What brand do you have?

Thx, just got drool all over my iPad! Looking great, beautiful lines! Not sure what it is about raw aluminum hull and cabin shells in these types of build threads ... maybe because you really get to see the bones of the boat it’s gonna be. Gonna be one hell of a boat!

Cheers!

Ukee
Thanks Ukee, its not happening as fast as I had hoped but quality can take time I guess. There are lots of special little details that he's doing that you won't find on many other boats. The fabricator is a magician (to me anyway).

Things are really starting to take shape with the boat. I'm really happy with the little details that he puts into his builds. The dash took some figuring. I had initially thought of going with 2 x 9" Simrads but with the limited layout, switched to a single 12" that protrudes a bit up into the dash but won't interfere with vision at all. He did a phenomenal job making a custom binnacle mount that exactly matched the Evinrude dual binnacles. He literally made that the day before they announced that they were dropping their outboard division. Needless to say I was and am no happy. He's onto the aft deck next week to tidy up the transom and build in the transom fish box. It'll be similar to reel slims transom. 44" wide x 15" deep x 14 high and recessed into the transom 6". It will have a working height of 40". I'm looking forward to see how that comes out. Any tips on that would be great.

Cheers,

WW

Attachments

• Cope-30-Floor.gif
    Cope-30-Floor.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 294
  • Cope-30-Port-Dash.gif
    Cope-30-Port-Dash.gif
    633 KB · Views: 274
  • Cope-30-Port-Interior.gif
    Cope-30-Port-Interior.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 261
  • Cope-30-Starboard-Floor.gif
    Cope-30-Starboard-Floor.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 258
  • Cope-30-Starboard-Interior.gif
    Cope-30-Starboard-Interior.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 264
  • Cope-30-Overall-Interior-View.gif
    Cope-30-Overall-Interior-View.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 286
Man the workmanship looks awesome......as a tradesman I really appreciate this kind of craftsamanship. Thanks for the boat pics

Yup,real nice work,you can tell by the effort he put into matching the binnacle shape that he's not in a hurry to get it out the door and on to the next one.He cares about the quality of his work. I'm sure someone on here will appreciate the work and give him more.

Thanks for posting, it's great to follow along with the build, and it's pretty cool to witness your excitement getting exactly what you envision created. The workmanship and details look great. Keep posting pics!!

I know what happened with your last boat was tragic but man you are going to have a much better boat when this is all behind you. The workmanship in those welds, the finished corners and edges and the styling is fantastic. Can't wait to see more pics as this progresses , you must be getting excited.

Back