Comox Lake

Fished the lake this afternoon.Took Jess who is 7 and the neighbors kid. The girls loved it. Was great to see fish all over the place. Can't wait to do it again. Hooked into a real nice 4-5lber and lots of 15-18inch fish. Most fish at 35-50 feet. Plus lots of fish on the surface. Maybe some day I will learn to like trout as fishing them is so fun with a 3wt fly rod full of mono in the down rigger. Its like catching a 25lber on the salt chuck.

sounds like you had fun....I dont fish the lake that often but should try and get out there more....such a nice BIG lake

***watch/ check the regs for this time of year***,
no trout or char over 50cm, and bait ban, the use of single barbless hook only,
from Nov 1 -April 30

double check regs before you hit the waters....

Not that I kept any, but Tyee Marine said I could keep one over 50 and 3 under. Glad I didn't do that. I called today. Hey, I don't eat trout. I eat salmon..

Hey SF, why don't you come out and try it with me? It's fun. plus it's alot less clean up. If the weather man is correct I am planing on going there again tomorrow as Kitty my be out. Any one want to go? message me. As long as you know it is just for fun not guided, may be for 1 or 2 hours or 4. I have no idea. It's just to get out. I have a propane heater and a enclosed top..

Hey SF, why don't you come out and try it with me? It's fun. plus it's alot less clean up. If the weather man is correct I am planing on going there again tomorrow as Kitty my be out. Any one want to go? message me. As long as you know it is just for fun not guided, may be for 1 or 2 hours or 4. I have no idea. It's just to get out. I have a propane heater and a enclosed top..

fishassassin123, just reading this now:eek:, I'd love to get out sometime, maybe we can try again another time?...

work is crazy rite now for me, so its hard to nail down a time,as every week is different(shift work):(...been on grave yards this week:mad::mad:

1120101432a.jpg1120101431c.jpg1120101431b.jpg1120101431a.jpgyes the camera phone sucks but I was fishing.
pencil.png

nice pics man wish i was there fishing

next time your heading out lemmie know and ill go wit ya if youd like

I have a buddy who has a cabin on Comox lake and has lived in Cumberland since Christ left Moosejaw. He has some pictures at his cabin of Cutthroat from that lake that would make your hair stand on end... Some real dandies!!

Hey Owen,

I'll have my schedules top the end of the month tomorrow and will keep in touch. I definitely want to get out again, either down there or in CR. Your choice. I'll keep you posted. Can't do the 11th though, I have work and the co. Xmas party. Two in one day would kill me.

Back