Cold smoking salmon

AB3

Based on the responses I received in a prior thread it seems as though the best option for smoking my Coho salmon may come thru cold smoking it.
I plan on using a propane BBQ (i know, i know) as I can keep temps at or near 100 F (maybe colder on a cool day). Once the salmon's been brined etc is cold smoking as simple as keeping the temp low for an extended period of time and letting the smoking happen, or is there more to it than that?
Also curious what temp the cold smoking needs to happen at?

thanks

So I now realize I'd have to keep things below 77 or so. Is it possible to do this with wood chips or is sawdust better/easier to keep lit and at that temp?

Ordering one, exactly what i need, where do you buy the dust from do they have alder? ...
They have everything. When I bought it 6 or 7 years ago though I had to get it delivered to Point Roberts.

Ok perfect!.. i wanna make smoked flavoured sockeye gravlax.
Yeah it's crazy how little smoke you need to get the flavor into it too. When I did my Jarred this year I cold smoke it for one hour and the flavor was perfect

I go along with Rain City on the Amazen pellet smoker for cold smoking in my Bradley and a lot of other things too. I’ve been smoking chicken in my bbq with great results with it with good results.
T2

I go along with Rain City on the Amazen pellet smoker for cold smoking in my Bradley and a lot of other things too. I’ve been smoking chicken in my bbq with great results with it with good results.
T2
For sure. I use them in my ceramic grill when I want more smoke for brisket as well. Charcoal for heat and the base smoke and the dust for another hit of oak or cherry. The dust even comes in a pitmaster blend which is great. I find that using chips or chunks on the charcoal can cause flare ups or excessive smoke.

Back