Cold Smoked Tuna

Mitch (SpyGuy) and I have very similar recipes. I believe we discussed that quite some time ago, and determined just that. I will be altering mine this go around somewhat to reflect the additional goodies tossed into the wet brine. Thanks FS - That was the one I was looking for. Appreciated.

Candy done.
Today working on finishing installing my cold smoke unit (all Bradly).
Then if I get that accomplished today (having a little trouble finding the exact stainless fittings I would prefer) likely hit the tuna in the next few days.

Letcha know as it goes...

Nog

If you guys were to use smoked tuna for tacos would you sear it or eat it raw in a sauce?

Raw all the way let the smoked fish shine, all the fixings and sauces will make it complete.. did you smoke some?
No I got some from a buddy who fishes with a guy named Oly out of Uki. It's Oly's stuff. It was killer. I can see now that it's a lot like lox and would have gone good on a bagel. The tacos were still great. Did half raw and half seared with chili powder.

Hello, I am new to this forum so forgive me if I am late to the party...
I would smoking a wee bit of Ahi but I live Sarasota Florida where the outside temperature does not fall much below 80 degrees F at this time of year. Have you any advice for how long to cold smoke ahi at this time of year? I just don't want to ruin it. When I smoke salmon, I usually set up it up my smoker with a fan and pack ice below it. I do not own a professional smoker, just a smoking tube.

Back