Cockpit Seating: Folding helm seat?

Sharphooks

I just sold my boat and included the folding Garelick utility seats I had——big mistake!

Little did I know——Garelick doesn’t make them any more and now I need a good quality seat for the aft deck of my new boat

The Garelick attached to the gunnel using small stainless slip-in brackets—-easy to remove, easy to fold away, easy to place in a hidey hole for future use—-it was very well made—-sturdy!

I’m stumped what to replace them with

What can you guys recommend? I need something that folds, is sturdy, and most important, doesn’t have arms

This is what I have in mind:

561282DE-7798-495B-A474-A559ADE23EA7.jpeg

Last edited:
I just sold my boat and included the folding Garelick utility seats I had——little did I know——Garelick doesn’t make them any more and now I need a good quality seat for the aft deck of my new boat

The Garelick attached to the gunnel in small stainless brackets—-easy to remove, fold away, and place in a hidey hole for future use—-it was very well made—-sturdy!

I’m stumped what to replace them with

What can you guys recommend? I need something that folds, is sturdy, and most important, doesn’t have arms

This is what I have in mind:

View attachment 56598
Is this the old Garelick seat?

I have 3 of these seats that came with my SeaSport but they have a different mount to the gunwale. If you pm me a number or email I will send you a couple pics. I would likely sell one off

I have 3 of these seats that came with my SeaSport but they have a different mount to the gunwale. If you pm me a number or email I will send you a couple pics. I would likely sell one off

Hey if @Sharphooks don't take it pls let me know, thank you

Robert, I will let you know how this all unfolds(pun intended). You are 3rd in-line

Reel Gone, would you mind sending me a photo of your yours are mounted please? I’m
It looking to buy yours, just trying to figure out how they are gunwale mounted. Thanks.

You can see the flanges in the picture at the beginning of the thread. The seats I had were fitted with stainless “buttons” on the end of the horizontal stringers that fit into those flanges. When the seats are removed, it’s just two low profiled flanges

Reel Gone’s are similar design but have “U” flanges with a hole for a pin. The flanges are not flush-mount but they’re burly looking.

I think he’s out in the bush moose hunting....

FE78C956-A61A-48D6-B70A-C99F6E751430.jpeg

Back