CNC Programing Programmer

John Ingram

Good morning,
Anyone on the forum familiar with cnc programing ??? I would like to get some small parts for reels cut by the water jet process but need the program set up first. Any and all help appreciated
Thanks

John I.

Do you have them drawn in Cad and what software are you using?

Evening and thanks for the reply. I do not have them drawn yet. I'm old school drafting and have never learned how to use a cad program.
The 3 parts that I need are a small gear aprox. 1" dia. a small pawl and a small clicker/... all material will be stainless about 1.5 mm thick.
I think once I have the cnc program for these parts I can have it set up to do multiple parts. These will be parts to upgrade the Mitchell 782
reels that I have been working on. I'll look into one of the schools maybe helping out.
Thanks again

John,
I think for what you are describing just getting them machined would be pretty straight forward. They could be done on a water jet, or a laser or a wire EDM or a mill or a machining centre etc... but if you are only looking for one or two just take the parts to a shop and ask for a quote.

Darin

John,
I think for what you are describing just getting them machined would be pretty straight forward. They could be done on a water jet, or a laser or a wire EDM or a mill or a machining centre etc... but if you are only looking for one or two just take the parts to a shop and ask for a quote.
Darin

Evening Darin,
First I have to locate a shop or someone that can get them scanned to the proper size and format for CNC. Then I would like to get them set into a nesting program.
I would like to get multiple's of each part out of a small sheet of material, say 10 of each at cutting time. Just a matter of searching and money to get the project off
and running.

If you have the parts and they are simple send me a message. It's way faster to draw them. It isn't that hard and can do them for you. Once you have drawings it makes it way easier for shops with quoting. Most shops won't touch anything without proper dxf and drawing etc.

I have my own CNC machine and I know how much it costs for set up etc. Might be able to give you some advice.

Last edited:
Back