Cleaning Mustang floater suits

abbyfireguy

Hi Guys,

Time to clean the Mustang Integrity pants. They are getting a bit grungy looking. Not bad just need a wash .
What is the preferred and safe method of washing these items and what soap/cleaners to you use.There is no blood on them,just grime and a bit of dirt.

Thanks,
Steve

Hey Steve,

I think there was a thread on this either on this site or BCFR about it sometime back; I seem to washing in a mild detergent of some kind.

I have always washed my Helly "offshore" pants (not the rubber Helly pants...they are more similar to Mustang) in the washing machine (cold water) with "Zero" (I think that was the brand) and then just hung them to dry; they are still 100% waterproof after about a dozen washes.

Whether your just gave them a wash in a big sink....or in the machine I think they should be okay. Is there a "washing instrucitons" tag in them?

Here is some info from Mustang's site....I guess I should maybe use warm water.

How do I remove grease from Mustang Survival products? [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]We would recommend that you use a mild detergent (no bleach) in warm water. Scrub with a medium bristled brush and rinse thoroughly in clean water. [/FONT][/FONT]*NOTE: Consult product specific care and maintenance guidelines.
How do I remove mildew from my Mustang Survival garment?
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]The best way to remove mildew is to never let it start - prevention is the key. Always store your boating equipment and garments in a dry and well-ventilated area out of direct sunlight, and be sure to avoid stowage in areas that are prone to high humidity or significant temperature fluctuations. You can try the following steps to help neutralize and limit the spread of mildew on the garment: 1. Soak in a solution of 2 cups of salt per gallon of warm water 2. Scrub affected mildew areas 3. Rinse with clean, fresh water 4. Hang to dry in a well ventilated area 5. Once dry, hand wash with an antibacterial soap and warm water 6. Rinse with clean, fresh water 7. Hang to dry in a well ventilated area 8. Store in a dry place out of direct sunlight
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
I took my cruiser suit to a laundromat with oversize, front loading machines. They tumble around instead of floating on top. It only cost about ten bucks. It came out great, although it could probaly use a cleaning again.

Dave

Back