Clamming Mill Bay Area

BearCove

Crew Member
New to Cobble Hill and wondering if there is anywhere to clam in the area.

Reading Cow Bay is off limits due to contamination.

Read a little info on the Mill Bay ferry terminal area and beaches.

Hoping to get some local intel is all.

Feel free to send me a PW if you want to keep any locations private.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Bamberton used to be good clamming when I lived there 8-10 years ago.Not sure whats going on there now.Butter clams were always closed but there was other species there including oysters as well.Not far from Cobble hill at all really,maybe a 10-15 min. drive towards Victoria on your left.Leave the truck at the parking lot and walk down the steps onto the beach.There's a freshwater creek that runs in there and the clamming was best around that side of the beach.Check the regs before you go as they may have contamination now,couldn't tell ya.

Thanks for that information fshfnatic, just waiting for some decent tides and going to head in that direction and giver a go.

Cuba Libre,

Yes, moved down to CH on Sept 1st, bought a little ranch just off the highway near the Cobble Stone Pub. Still have the operation in Port Hardy, will spend my summers up there during the busy season but now have a local manager helping operate the place during the winter months while we have our long term guests.

Really enjoying the area so far and the boys on this site have been a ton of help.

Thanks for that information fshfnatic, just waiting for some decent tides and going to head in that direction and giver a go.

Cuba Libre,

Yes, moved down to CH on Sept 1st, bought a little ranch just off the highway near the Cobble Stone Pub. Still have the operation in Port Hardy, will spend my summers up there during the busy season but now have a local manager helping operate the place during the winter months while we have our long term guests.

Really enjoying the area so far and the boys on this site have been a ton of help.
Welcome to the Neighborhood,
Did you buy the lot on Fairfield ?

We camped with the kids at Bamberton last summer. I believe there are permanent red tide signs in place there. That didn’t stop the family of new Canadians from limiting out while we were at the beach. Maybe they can stomach it.

You can dig at Bamberton, just check with fisheries to make sure there is no PSP
As mentioned before, little neck and manila clams only.

Welcome to the Neighborhood,
Did you buy the lot on Fairfield ?
Thanks Fish Brain, really enjoying the area so far, new to all of us so taking it all in and digging in our feet. We ended up buying a little acreage on King Burne Drive, off of Thane Rd, in The Vic Truss area.

Also looking for hunting partner the area so if anyone needs a tag along shoot me a PM here.

Going to check out the Bamberton area once the day time tides get better. Was given some great intel from a member on here, along with some DFO shellfish contact info so will definitely check into everything before the digging starts.

Cheers

Thanks Fish Brain, really enjoying the area so far, new to all of us so taking it all in and digging in our feet. We ended up buying a little acreage on King Burne Drive, off of Thane Rd, in The Vic Truss area.

Also looking for hunting partner the area so if anyone needs a tag along shoot me a PM here.

Going to check out the Bamberton area once the day time tides get better. Was given some great intel from a member on here, along with some DFO shellfish contact info so will definitely check into everything before the digging starts.

Cheers

Yep know where you are that is nice area. King Burne is very quiet. That drive in coffee is good next to truss place.

Bamberton is the place to clam.

Cheers
I havent hunted for about twenty years as my freezers are so full this time of year it just doesn't make sense, otherwise I would love to go. there is good chantrell picking at the end of Kingburne though.

Tips Up,

Now that doesn't sound like a bad idea, or at least get together for a cold beer and a BS.

It's all very much appreciated, just another one of the many fantastic things about this site.

Cheers

Back in the day ....,I did all my clamming downtown, usually after 10... mostly hairy back then.......

Back