Cigars

fish brain

Crew Member
I'm not a regular cigar smoker, but I brought a couple back from Cuba a year ago. I have found that the first half is quite pleasant, but once I get past that, it gets harsh. I bought what was supposed to be decent (not best) cigars. Is this normal, or did I just get cheap crap?

2 years is quite a while to keep them. Have they been in a humidifier constantly at 70% humidity? If not they dry out and the back half always taste like ****.

2 years is quite a while to keep them. Have they been in a humidifier constantly at 70% humidity? If not they dry out and the back half always taste like ****.
Nope just sitting there. Anything I can do for them? put them in a tupperware container with a rum soaked sponge? I only bought six. I have two left.

They need to be in a wood box of some sort not sealed like Tupperware. It has to breath a bit. A sponge will work but you should watch for mold risk. You can rehydrate them if they’re not gone too far.

I took a guy fishing for his first time one day and he nailed a dandy 28lb Spring. He was so happy, a few days later he gave me two of his favourite Cuban cigars to smoke. I had smoked what I thought were good cigars before but these.... these were different. So smooth with a nice aroma. I had no idea there was such a difference between a good cigar and a great cigar.

Kildonan.... loves a great cigar.:cool:

Good cigars suck. I'll take a pack of Backwoods over a Cohiba anyday. Not that Backwoods aren't good quality, they're just $12-$18 for a pack of 5 instead of $35 a peice. A fresh pack is nice and moist and they're small and cheap enough to spit out of your mouth when the rod goes off!

Good cigars suck. I'll take a pack of Backwoods over a Cohiba anyday. Not that Backwoods aren't good quality, they're just $12-$18 for a pack of 5 instead of $35 a peice. A fresh pack is nice and moist and they're small and cheap enough to spit out of your mouth when the rod goes off!
I thought they didn’t sell those in BC anymore
T2

Back