Chums in Brown’s Bay

Hope every thing is okay with the transom and the help he has gets the boat back on the
trailer. Sorry for your mishap. .......BB

Slow out there today, we caught one and lost two. Only saw two others caught but at least it was calm and sunny :)
Sorry I missed you. Guess you were fishing Deep Water Bay or further north.
I fished plumper for a couple of hours on that small ebb, note that I said fished
not catching, never saw a net out.

Would of liked to see that boat fishing in its old catching waters.
The previous owner liked to fish Deep Water Bay. ....BB

Skunk today for me and a lot of others. Very few weighed in
At 330 the biggest was a 12+ weighed in.

2 bright ones for us at either end of deepwater, biggest 10.5lb. tough grind bite wise though. Beauty day, its anybody's derby.

Approx. 15 lber was the winner. Fishing dead slow like yesterday. Weather was great so that was a bonus. First time for me to get skunked in JS at this time of year. Normally a spring or coho to break the monotony (spell check not working )

Fought one for about 5 seconds that was it for us today too. Didnt see a net all day until we bonked a nice feeder spring in town in the afternoon. :)

We only managed 1 each day. Yes it was slow. Lots of skunks by very experienced guys. Still a great way to spend a weekend. Well organized derby again.

On a larger note I really hope some chums show up late or this will become a ****** cycle.

We only managed 1 each day. Yes it was slow. Lots of skunks by very experienced guys. Still a great way to spend a weekend. Well organized derby again.

On a larger note I really hope some chums show up late or this will become a ****** cycle.

How many seine boats did you see Sat & Sun going north passing you?
I saw maybe a dozen Sat morning before noon. ...BB

How many seine boats did you see Sat & Sun going north passing you?
I saw maybe a dozen Sat morning before noon. ...BB
A few more came through on the afternoon tide Saturday night and another handful Sunday. Not much of a fleet compared to when I seined there in the past.

That about sums it up. From Deepwater to Green Sea I saw one jumper. Can’t believe they are going to have a seine opening. Hopefully there’s a lot of Chum up North
Careful, other way around could sound like...only 1 jumper, can't believe they allowed a recreational fishery. Just because we rec fishers couldn't catch them isn't necessarily an indication of run size - the test fishery told DFO otherwise.

We saw lots of finning and jumping chum.
Up at Greensea where we caught our two and in Plumper.
Not large schools, but lots of action around, just lockjawed for what we were presenting.

But hey, we now have two data points!

yup, some are biters and others not so much. In past I've found sunny days to be better than rainy ones...but clearly that didn't help this year. That's fishing.

Back