Chum opportunities near Nanaimo and south.

vanislehunter

Does anybody know if there is anywhere that Chum can be found south of Campbell River? Maybe thrasher, porlier, pender or otherwise? I've never fished them before and would like to find one that isn't falling apart in the river.

cheers

I kill them pretty well every year off shack island in nanaimo, mostly for fun don't usually have must use for them. Not unusual to have up to 15 on in one outing.

I kill them pretty well every year off shack island in nanaimo, mostly for fun don't usually have must use for them. Not unusual to have up to 15 on in one outing.

Wow, 15 is a lot of action. Do you troll for them shallower and slower than for springs? Thanks

troll for them around the same speed as springs and mostly bottom bounce the 80 foot mark. Purple glow onion hot spot with yellow tails 5-6 feet back seemed to always do the trick.

Nice - kill them for fun, then what, throw them in the garbage? Ever heard of the catch and release concept?

People catch their limits and smoke them. Others just release them. Are you against killing and eating fish?

I didnt think you read threads that were located south of Comox? I think the comments from Arima need to be clarified first, as it does sound to be a bit of a slaughter-fest without the taking home to harvest. Who knows, maybe a mis-read?

I'm sure he just means that he nails them. Who would post on here that they just kill fish for fun and then waste them?

Wow guys sorry.... I don't keep chum and flick them all off beside the boat unless someone is out with me that wants to keep them. Keep what you eat, anymore is just poor etiquette.(Chinook smoke way nicer then chum especially white ones).

Wow guys sorry.... I don't keep chum and flick them all off beside the boat unless someone is out with me that wants to keep them. Keep what you eat, anymore is just poor etiquette.(Chinook smoke way nicer then chum especially white ones).

Thanks for the clarification arima. I took your earlier post literally.

I have to agree with Duffer smoked chum are tasty. The brine I use is lemon and black pepper. Just like a potato chip. It's always fun to experiment.

Back