chroni action

Rum Buddies

I heard there was some hot chronie action the other day on elk/beaver, has anyone seen any decent hatches lately?

I've been out to Kemp by my house and also Cusheon on Saltspring in the last couple of weeks. Lots of small chironomids hatching but the fish, at least in those lakes, are still asleep. A buddy of mine took a 20" rainbow from Elk last weekend on a chironomid at 6 ft below an indicator, but other than that he said it was SLOW. With the warm weather this week though I bet it's a chironomid bonanza. I'm heading out on Saturday if the sun is shining, PM me P. Swiss and maybe we'll hook up and slay them together?
BL

I was out at Elk twice this week, didn't see alot of chironi's. Tried dragging some flies for a while, nothing. Did hit a 5 lb Largemouth on a flatfish though.

At a boy Tige! Lets go blast on some hali soon...maybe even the improved FR will join us?

There are some sizable jumpers starting out on Kemp lately. Dad was casting a fly off his dock the other day.

hey BL,

I should be on elk on sat. for a few hours - can't miss us we'll be the drift boat with the cloud of smoke following it.

pretty slow for a couple of hours we put in on elk over the weekend. Well slow for us, guy next to us was slaying them. My buddy did hook into a real good sized fish on a small red chroni though.

We saw lots of largish green chronis(gold rib) and a few smaller reddish ones.

pretty slow for a couple of hours we put in on elk over the weekend. Well slow for us, guy next to us was slaying them. My buddy did hook into a real good sized fish on a small red chroni though.

We saw lots of largish green chronis(gold rib) and a few smaller reddish ones.

I was also out for a couple of hours on Saturday with no luck. I was too busy watching out for rowers to pay the needed attention to my line. What a gong show!

I was also out for a couple of hours on Saturday with no luck. I was too busy watching out for rowers to pay the needed attention to my line. What a gong show!

Was that you in the drift boat? I was there on Sat as well and did really well lots of little guys, one 18" rainbow and a 4lb bass on chroni's

Was that you in the drift boat? I was there on Sat as well and did really well lots of little guys, one 18" rainbow and a 4lb bass on chroni's

ya me in the drift boat or "banana boat" as the boys in spandex called it. A bit of a train wreck day since we forgot our bow anchor and a number of other crucial supplies [}:)]

Was that you picking fish off the point down in beaver?

Back