Chinook regulations...Economic Impact

richmake

Thought I would start this to get a bigger idea of what the impact will be with the regulations in place.

My company had no choice but to not spend $60,000 plus on yearly upgrades and property development based simply on the decision and the 2020 uncertainties.
Can’t spend any capital based on how this government sees our industry and our rec sector.

I know I didn't hold back on getting the boat ready for the season however I can say this; I have never seen so much available gear in the local tackle shops at this time in the seaaon. They clearly load up on inventory well in advance of the season so I hope there is a big consumer push in June.

I am skipping my first run up to Dent for their derby this year but the second trip in September is happening for sure. Our bill for the first trip runs about $2500 per person x 3.

I deeply empathize with all the families who are experiencing financial impact here. Perhaps the feds will provide some relief to see them through this transition.

most retailers book a large percentage of there stock in the fall for the up and coming season.... so that is why they are heavily stocked right now... these regs there has been up to a 70 percent drop in retail sales in some places....

Back