Chest waders

J

jpitura

I am planning to purchase a set of chest waders, however would like some advice on what to look for and stay away from. I have noticed in watching SportfishingBC that Mark Pendlington appears to wear a light weight, yet durable, versatile and practical set. Wonder if anyone knows what brand they might be and approximate cost? I have looked at some local stores, but was not impressed in what I saw. For information, although todate I have done more flyfishing in freshwater lakes in the Merritt, Kamloops and Clinton areas from my 10' flyfisher boat or offshore, I enjoy fishing in the Interior and Kootenay rivers when I get the chance. I also have thought of joining the waders fishing offshore for coho when we visit the Sechelt area each September. As such, I would like a set of waders that is versatile enough to use in both situations. Presume any set would fit this bill.
In summary, guess what I am looking for is a set that is lightweight (rather than what I've seen as bulky and heavy), yet durable and reliable so that it doesn't tear/wear out easily. Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts on brands, what to look for and stay away from, cost etc., I sure would appreciate it. I live in the Kelowna/Vernon area and any recommendations on dealers in the area would also be appreciated. Thanks,
-- Jim

The wader for you is the breathble. Bare make a great set that I find to be the best on the market right now. They run a little steep (close to $300) but are worth every penny in you fish alot. If that is not in your price range they also make light weight non breathable waders also at a much lower price.

The wader for you is the breathble. Bare make a great set that I find to be the best on the market right now. They run a little steep (close to $300) but are worth every penny in you fish alot. If that is not in your price range they also make light weight non breathable waders also at a much lower price.

Sea-tux neoprene. For the winter weather they cannot be beat. The breathables are great for spring and summer..

Sea-tux neoprene. For the winter weather they cannot be beat. The breathables are great for spring and summer..

Thanks folks. Can I dress up for the winter and still use the breathable for those occassional winter fishing days? Or are they simply not practical for colder weather? Are they okay for saltwater fishing? Wasn't really thinking of getting two sets. Yo Mama, could you tell me where you've seen the "Bare" line?, or if you know who may sell them in the Okanagan? Thanks again, appreciate the info.
-- JP

Thanks folks. Can I dress up for the winter and still use the breathable for those occassional winter fishing days? Or are they simply not practical for colder weather? Are they okay for saltwater fishing? Wasn't really thinking of getting two sets. Yo Mama, could you tell me where you've seen the "Bare" line?, or if you know who may sell them in the Okanagan? Thanks again, appreciate the info.
-- JP

-- JP

-- JP

Yo Mama,
Thanks for the website, appreciate it. Have a great year.
-- JP

Yo Mama,
-- JP

Yo Mama,
-- JP

Back