Chemainus River and Koksilah?

junho

Hey everyone,

Does anyone fish the Chemainus or Koksilah? I noticed on the DFO site that there's openings there, but don't see anyone ever discussing it.

Is it like the cowichan, where DFO opens it, but nobody should really be touching it?

[g04aCp3ej-I] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04aCp3ej-I

I'm guessing that means don't touch it.

So what is fishable out there on the south island? Anything? Looks like I need to really get up to speed on the state of our fishery around here. Seems like it's in pretty rough shape?

Well it is not that.... some systems don't need to be brought to the attention of the many lurkers that may browse the board.

If it is open its open... That coming from the defining law that we abide to when we purchase a license. Should some be?... Probably not but it is up to interpretation.

Do I believe that some fragile systems should not be touched... not at all. I would rather see respectful fishermen watching one of those said systems. If it goes onto a public board like this (and many others) you don't know who is reading the info.

Was looking deep through the interwebs for a great motivational poster but it seems to be gone

I wouldnt bother fishing the Chemainus, Not many fish in the river Coho maybe some, Chum very little the last couple years, a couple springs, and steelhead are gone...Way over fished. not to mention little water too fish. I would fish the hatchery rivers Stamp, Nitnat, or the Q etc. More fish and more water to fish.

Use ur google search and u will find out the info you need.

Back