Chanterelle Recipes

Cookie's Cutter

There has to be some fungus pickers on here.

What is your favourite chanterelle recipe?

We always put them in the turkey stuffing at thanksgiving.

Also do Chantetelle Risotto

Fry up mushrooms, onions, celery and garlic. Add rice.
Slowly add some white wine and chicken stock untill all the liquid is gone and rice is cooked. Add Parmesan cheese, butter and parsley, salt and pepper.

There has to be some fungus pickers on here.

What is your favourite chanterelle recipe?

We always put them in the turkey stuffing at thanksgiving.

Also do Chantetelle Risotto

Fry up mushrooms, onions, celery and garlic. Add rice.
Slowly add some white wine and chicken stock untill all the liquid is gone and rice is cooked. Add Parmesan cheese, butter and parsley, salt and pepper.
Use mushroom stock when making mushroom risotto... my nonna is rolling in her grave :eek:

But on a serious note give me some damn chanterelles.

My absolute favourite way to eat them is fresh picked and fried with bacon. Right in camp or on the side of the road. Mmmmm nothing beats that. Good thing we only go out once or twice a year haha. We dry some too for using in soup and stews through the winter. My wife cuts fresh ones up and freezes them on cookie sheets and bags those up for winter use too.

Honestly I find straight up is best. A little butter and a touch of salt. That way you can still taste the full flavour.
But if its a recipe you're after...my second choice is a mushroom soup. I combine them with other foraged mushrooms, thyme, onion, white wine and chicken stock, butter and cook slow until you get a richly flavoured mushroom soup.

x2 on straight up or in scrambled eggs. Excess I fry in butter and olive oil until just before they start to release their liquid. Cool and freeze. Found drying to be great for smaller amounts but a pain when you get pounds.

We pick a schwack now and again, then chop them, and heat in a big frypan just until the moisture stops coming out. Then we cool, ziplock bag and freeze. Then we use these mushrooms in big homemade soups.

Back