Chamber sealers

fishin solo

Crew Member
hey guys
Looking for some feedback on these. I’ve kinda made up my mind between the vacmaster 215 or 321. Wondering if having 2 seal bars is worth the extra $$$ ?

Cheers

It all depends on usage. If you are using it for business then yes it would be worth it as you can basically cut process time in half as you can seal twice the amount of product at once as with the 215. For home use probably not worth it unless the 321 can also do retort bags if that is anywhere in your future plans. It looks like the cost is basically double from the 215. I had a 215 for a year or so and it was a great machine. The only reason I sold it was to fund a larger retort bag capable Sammic machine.

I bought the 215 after I came home this summer from my 2 months at Telegraph cove. I resealed all my fish from the summer , some of which had let go the seal from my old vac-u-save machine. We have done lots of fruit and game meat since I bought it and for the avid fisher and hunter it is well worth the money, JMHO

We have had a VP215 for a little over 3 years now and it has been a workhorse for both my much better half and I for all types of food. For our purposes, the trade of relative portability (VP215 at +/-85lbs and VP321 at +/- 200lbs) for additional chamber size and/or dual sealers was a game changer ... we keep the sealer on wheels on the floor and it is easily rolled out of the way (and out of sight) in a corner off our kitchen when not in use. The reality is that, contrary to our initial intentions, she uses it more than I so movability and ease of use for her purposes has been really important. The machine has operated perfectly and we haven't had a seal fail to date either during freezing or cooking (sous vide).

If weight and movability wasn't an issue, the larger machine would be a bonus on the few occasions that we do really large batches but then our question would be whether to get the 320 (single seal bar at the front of the chamber) or the 321 (double seal bars at the sides of the chamber) given the rectangular chamber shape and the dimensions of the bags we normally want to seal.

Back