CBC Market Place: SuperBugs found in Imported Shrimp

The Minister of Health would not take calls for months. She was then approached by market place at public event. In front of the CBC cameras, like a bobble head she swore this was a priority. The biologist studying the samples said that the only study undertaken was by CBC market place "just now". Makes me incredulous just how deeply corrupted and successful lobbying has become in this country.

When a person goes out to Chinese food smorgs, is this the prawns they serve?
Just wondering, cause I eat a lot of them.

At the end of the episode a Canadian producer located in Vancouver with an enclosed, engineered environment was interviewed and his shrimp tested.... they were fine. His prices about 30% higher. I am betting business is going to get better for this guy.

You are totally mistaken. Get that straight, don't be silly. Our so called "QUOTA" if termed as such is then illegal in nature because no sector and no individual can lawfully own it. Secondly it will never end up in existing commercial hands. Dumb dialog to even entertain. "Finger pointer". How bout becoming a problem solver instead. :)

It’s all tung and check in this thread

You are totally mistaken. Get that straight, don't be silly. Our so called "QUOTA" if termed as such is then illegal in nature because no sector and no individual can lawfully own it. Secondly it will never end up in existing commercial hands. Dumb dialog to even entertain. "Finger pointer". How bout becoming a problem solver instead. :)

I believe there was a hint of sarcasm intended there!

I watched this piece on Marketplace. What they mentioned at the end of the show was that wild shrimp was safe to eat. The emphasis was on farmed shrimp. Albiet, I only eat wild caught BC spot prawns and shrimp.

In Port Alberni last week I paid a visit to a local Chinese AYCE buffet and it was Shrimp, Shrimp, Shrimp everyone was targeting them heavily and I was no different-until I discovered how good the Green Lipped Mussels were.

20190321-171818-1.jpg

I watched this piece on Marketplace. What they mentioned at the end of the show was that wild shrimp was safe to eat. The emphasis was on farmed shrimp. Albiet, I only eat wild caught BC spot prawns and shrimp.
Did they say they tested wild BC prawns/shrimp? I’m curious. I heard him say they tested the ones from Langley but I didn’t hear him say they tested wild. Also, They did say at the end to get the wild from local sources.
Anyway, I’m with you on what to eat.

Did they say they tested wild BC prawns/shrimp? I’m curious. I heard him say they tested the ones from Langley but I didn’t hear him say they tested wild. Also, They did say at the end to get the wild from local sources.
Anyway, I’m with you on what to eat.
BC prawns and shrimp were part of the testing and tested negative, as did wild sourced shrimp from a variety of international localities. Farmed raised shrimp seemed to have high occurrences of the super bug and they warned against consuming them.

Back