Catching your own bait

R

rainbow one

I am new to this site and also to salt water fishing. I just wanted to know if anyone catches their own bait? If so how do you do it? I fish Rupert area and one fellow told me to use a very simple tied fly of which four of them would be on one line. Then, go and find a bait ball and drop it down and wait until you figure that all the hooks are full then wind em in, that's it. Is this good info or ?

Pretty much the way to go .
I have 3 lines with six to eight hooks on them with a variety of coloured material for attractors and all you need to do is put a small weight ( 2 ozs ) on the bottom find your bait ball and jig it up and down for a bit and haul 'er in.

AL

Find a bait ball first. Then take a line with about 6 hooks on it and 3 ounces as weight on the bottom. Attach a bit of meat (not cooked)to the hooks. The hooks should be size 2 hooks. Just jig it or let it sit in the bait ball. Lower it slowly in though! Just let the fish hook themselves, and ur on ur way.:) Good fishing to yah!

Fisha holic

Basic herring jig, you can purchase them at most retail outlets.. As you mentioned, the rupert area is home to the northern goldies.. Used next to the standard puget sound bait, the outcome is second to none.. Match the hatch.-dirty

Back