Catching a Chinook near Terrace

blake_a

Hi,

I am in Terrace, have waders, gear and am hearing there are Chinook in the Skeena and tribs. I am only have evenings to fish so am hoping to not travel to far outside Terrace and am just not sure where to start on my quest to catch my first river-caught chinook.

PL

Thanks, we did some research and bar fished a couple spots on the skeena that looked good but no bites.
We switched over to the Kitimat tonight and it paid off. I landed a small chinook on a jig.

Plenty of chinook are caught right in town on Ferry Island. Truly its as good as any place right now cuz the big run going upstream of town is on at the moment. You see all the flossers on the upstream side of the bridge and on the other side of the bridge is where all the plunkers are. Don't work too hard unless you have a boat and can hunt, you might as well set up with a spin-n-glo and a hunk of lead on the bottom so your gear is in the zone full time and stays there. Bring your lawn chair and either your favorite crochet or pettie point.

Thanks for the info. I am back up in Terrace again. It has been raining this week and I hear sockeye have arrived. Still ferry island?

Back