Catch of the Day

Oh yeah forgot to mention the fish was 26.5" And my guess is not far from 6 pounds. Biggest Langford bow in my boat!

-KK

Also forgot to mention.... It is still swimming around ;)

Had an officer once tell me its unlawful to release them alive keep or kill fishery.

-KK

He's got it mixed up !
You're not allowed to transport them alive. If you catch one you can release it, just has to be in the same waters you caught it in.
You are under zero obligation to kill any fish you catch.

Sweet fishes regardless, love your pics !!!

I did Oliphant today, there is a canoe there.
Got into 9 smallies, landed 8.
Tried for trout in the deep end floating PowerBait floating eggs, got bites right away !....missed the first few bites but the 3rd bite set the hook and I was very eagerly anticipating a trout out of a lake that "doesn't have trout" .......SMALLIE !
...on PowerBait...:confused:
Tried it again but got no more bites on it...weird !

Attachments

• DSCF0528a.jpg
    DSCF0528a.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 425
  • DSCF0537.jpg
    DSCF0537.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 426
  • DSCF0532.jpg
    DSCF0532.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 428
  • DSCF0538.jpg
    DSCF0538.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 423
  • DSCF0543.jpg
    DSCF0543.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 428
  • DSCF0545.jpg
    DSCF0545.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 426
nice, what a beautiful lake and what nice fish. Hopefully a place like that doesnt become industrialized.

Kunni

He's got it mixed up !
You're not allowed to transport them alive. If you catch one you can release it, just has to be in the same waters you caught it in.
You are under zero obligation to kill any fish you catch.

Check into invasive species...

I hear ya man ...

We need this thread in the salt water section next year. Falcon i hope you don't mind if we steal the idea. No BS, no whining, just fishing pictures from passionate anglers. Awesome thread guys been great work posted here all year.

I am glad some of you enjoy these pics and reports I sure do!

And to the few who like to get seriously upset I posted a pic of a stocked rainbow trout caught in a local lake. Like its some kind of secret. What a bunch of Chumps. Yeah you know who you are ;)

-KK

And to the few who like to get seriously upset I posted a pic of a stocked rainbow trout caught in a local lake. Like its some kind of secret. What a bunch of Chumps. Yeah you know who you are ;)

-KK

How dare you post pics of other peoples fish !!! ;)

Fact or Fiction?

Bass where 1st introduced to Elk Lake 1930's by rail workers; transported from Washington St. in tin cans - old pictures show a section of the rail line that went over the lake. Come to think of it the old footings make good bass holding structures ;)

Spent a great morning at the lake with my old man. Got a few bass and trouts nothing to take pictures of but all in all a great morning :)

I met a father taking his son out as we were headed in. His son was a very motivated young fellow! Was sure to show his son some pics and give him pick of a few good flies out of my box! Thats what thanksgiving is all about :)

Happy Thanksgiving all :)

-KK

Fished the first light bite on Alta lake and hooked up with 4 cuttys and a rainbow. I've never caught cutthroat before, very nice colours on those fish. 20131013_080019.jpg

Back