Catch of the Day

Forgot the camera yesterday but could have used it. Got a nice Pennask Bow in the 4 pound range and 7 others in the 14-20" range! Was a blast but still super slow. Can't wait for it to turn on and get into 100+ trout days on the 4 and 5 wt rods!

-KK

I think Karma-Kazi must be in that 10% of the fisherman catching 90% of the fish. How many years have you been fly fishing? and what do you think has helped you the most achieve the numbers you are getting?

I think this might be a new thread so.... No hijack lets keep this one going so I can show my wife there are fish in the lake!

Got this guy today. Net is 16" fish was 2 lbs on the dot. Caught with powerbait with a 4.5 ft leader on my light action rod. Faught like a freight train on that thing! Threw him back so I can catch him again when hes twice the size.

9969AF6F-48F0-4D90-8FBB-764A3811D3D5-17814-000016CBCCA40ADB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
absolute beauty. was that at elk lake? Were you trolling the powerbait?

kunni

Kemp Lake. Powerbait off the bottom while double anchored. Got another nice one that was 1 lb 8 oz. aswell on the same rod.

This morning 15 fish were pulled to the boat in just over an hour with a bunch more bites missed.

nice, thats great fishing for the winter

kunni

is the bait anchored on the bottom as thought you were still fishing from shore, or is it suspended off the bottom? if that makes any sense at all.

kunni

Rigged with a weight and a 4-5 ft leader so it sits on the bottom and the powerbait floats.

Caught all the fish in about 16ft of water today. Back out again tomorrow I think

sweet, I like to here how you do tomorrow.

kunni

hit elk today, got skunked :mad:, but managed 1 hit. There was alot of guys out, probably 10 boats. one guy I talked to got 1 small stocker, but the other 4 people got skunked aswell .

kunni

I was out with one other guy in my boat and another 2 buddies in another boat. There was another 5 or 6 people shore fishing and I was the only person pulling in fish. My buddies in the other boat managed 3 fish between the two of them and I seen one small one from one of the guys on shore. I had good luck though. I always seem to do good on that lake I think thats why I always go back.

at elk? if you were good job, because the 4/5 guys I talked to got skunked.

kunni

Back