Carolina Classic

demco99

Walk by one of these boats at the dock every time I head out fishing. Definitely a favourite. Beautiful lines and a huge back deck for fishing. Haven't seen any others on the west coast. Anyone have any experience with them?

100_0364 by Nick Demco, on Flickr

They also have a 25' model now with outboards that looks pretty sweet:

carolina-classic-25 by Nick Demco, on Flickr

I have zero experience on the water with them but it's on my list as well. Not to mention the Albemarle 265/268 depending if you want a leg or jackshaft. I'd love to have the outboard version but they haven't been available for too many years and I have yet to find a used one. The new ones are pricey. Lots of info on THT and other forums. A well built tank and is supposed to ride like a much bigger boat. I made an inquiry to the factory about getting a used one and converting it to a pod/outboard setup but they thought it might be a bit of an ordeal to get the weight balance with the mid engine design. Let us know when you buy one and I'll come for a sea trial! lol

Psssst....you used to walk by one going out to your float too. ;)

Right at the T as you head out to the floats.

They are sweet.

Harper44 on here has experience with them. That might even be his that you posted a picture of. I looked at these and Shamrocks at one point because of the mid ship placement of the engine and the performance that you get, especially with diesel power. My opinion is from kicking the tires only, no real experience so I'll stop now.

I have seen a few on Lake Ontario. You may want to check out "Lake Ontario united" - all about fishing on the lake.
Stosh

There's are a few locally. There's a member on here I know and he has a 2000 25CC but I will let him respond here or via PM.

IMO C.Classic 25 and 28 are very good looking boats. As would be expected there were a ton of them down in North Carolina when I was there searching out Gradys a few years ago. The "sweet" however does come with some issues. The Volvo has had water ingestion issues apparently. There is also jackshaft issues with vibration and also corrosion. As far as ride, I don't have enough experience in them myself but the 25 seems to ride quite bow high which seems odd to me since engine is mid ship (jackshaft/leg) With the access to engine raising at midship this maybe causes a lack of storage with the exception of inside the 2 high bench style seating aft of the helm area. There is a live well at stern as well but there doesn't seem to be a good size/shaped fish locker. No backs on those tall bench/storage seats don't seem ideal to me for a 3rd and 4th person on board. Nice roomy wide helm as its not a walk-around and decent size V birth for a 25. A lack of helm shelving on either side of helm area. No separate head but a marine electric toilet that neatly swings out from hidden within a cabinet.

Photos: Not so shocking that a boat takes on water if a thru-hull hose clamp pops ( as any boat can) but that it sank to the bottom so fast is scary - not sure I like the lack of flotation. Possibly just wasn't able to get to seacock shut off in time.

CC25 deck at waterline.jpg CC25 fully under.jpg CC25 on way down.jpg

Back