Campion 542 radar arch

Attitudeboy2

Hey everyone, I own a 2006 Campion 542. Love the boat for everything except the lack of rod and net storage. For that reason I want to have an aluminum or possibly stainless radar arch built to facilitate that as well as deck lights (and a radar dome in the future). I’m on the big island and would like some suggestions on where to get a “quality” one built. Not your run of the mill weld 90’s so it looks like a box. I would want it bent in the same profile of the soft top. Any suggestions would help. Thanks

Hey everyone, I own a 2006 Campion 542. Love the boat for everything except the lack of rod and net storage. For that reason I want to have an aluminum or possibly stainless radar arch built to facilitate that as well as deck lights (and a radar dome in the future). I’m on the big island and would like some suggestions on where to get a “quality” one built. Not your run of the mill weld 90’s so it looks like a box. I would want it bent in the same profile of the soft top. Any suggestions would help. Thanks
Had mine built by Rod Dog in Anacortes. He did a great job and did it custom to what I wanted. Actually took the time to measure up my boat before hand and listened to me when I asked for specific things. No telling on when the border reopens for you to be able to work with him but but if you get the opportunity I'd recommend him.

index.php
CC68846E-46E8-4324-BDD0-04EC1C38BB1B.jpeg
I had this arch built by a guy in Langley. I installed it , wasn’t to bad to do.

Attachments

• 0876B4DF-9C4A-4415-83C7-DA8CB666E4E8.jpeg
    0876B4DF-9C4A-4415-83C7-DA8CB666E4E8.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 412
  • 1B1D9D27-750F-4B1C-A5F3-CCA41D77A16E.jpeg
    1B1D9D27-750F-4B1C-A5F3-CCA41D77A16E.jpeg
    442.8 KB · Views: 16
R Irion fabrication ( Roland). He’s in Milner I took my boat over to his shop. He measured it up. I let him know what I want on it , rod holders ,nav light etc He called me up when it was done. And I was saying ,I installed it. Pulled the wires through for the anchor light. I had two different size rod holders put on. I’ll look for his phone number if you’re interested. Ab 1752

R Irion fabrication ( Roland). He’s in Milner I took my boat over to his shop. He measured it up. I let him know what I want on it , rod holders ,nav light etc He called me up when it was done. And I was saying ,I installed it. Pulled the wires through for the anchor light. I had two different size rod holders put on. I’ll look for his phone number if you’re interested. Ab 1752

Prefect, no worries, I've tracked him down and will reach out later this week, thanks John!

Another option perhaps. I did this for my Bayliner Trophy. I wanted to add a Radar location, + more Rod Holders, and I wanted to be able to fold it for transport & storage and this kit made it possible.
I installed the Kit myself, (about 8 years ago) it went very well. They charge $999usd for the Basic unit, and of course there are options, I can tell you the quality is very good.
I actually have my boat listed in their "Testimonials" section, (1st page)

Link > Tower In a Box

IMG_3354.JPG

With it folded forward it is not in the way if I need into the cubby, while it's down. And of course the Bimini folds down as well.
No wind resistance either, as I have a travel tarp I cover the boat with when I am heading to the coast. I am in Calgary.
It is not clear in the picture, but the front face of the arch bar actually rests on the flat formed area, (meant for a seat) of the hull.
Very stable when traveling. It easily flips up and pins into place in 30 seconds, even with the Radar Dome attached.

Tower 019.jpg

Added LED lighting forward and back, as well as the Anchor Light.

Bayliner 007.jpg

Attachments

• Tower 004.jpg
    Tower 004.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3083.JPG
    IMG_3083.JPG
    270.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Back