campion 542 cuddy size?

cletus

I'm looking at buying a 542 campion and was wondering if anyone with a 2005 or newer 542 could tell me how big the cuddy is?We don't want to stay overnite in it all the time,just want to be able to sleep in it if we have to i'm 5'10 and my wifes 5'6.I've looked at the boat but would like to hear from anyone who's actually slept in the cuddy.I really want to stay in the 18' range.
Thanks

I have a 97 542 Campion and I am 5'9". For a one night stay it might be OK but I found I need to have the cuddy door open so I can stretch out.
My seats stretch out and they are a lot better with full canvas.
I gave up the cuddy space to gain the few extra inches of floor space in the back and it makes quite a difference. A friend has a Double Eagle with a slightly larger cuddy and looses the floor space. He says doing it again he would give up the cuddy space as you do not use it that much.
Not sure if the 05 is any larger.
Hope this information helps

I have a '98 542. I've only slept in it once, by myself, and fit perfect sideways against the door (5'9"). We're a family of 4, my plan when we sleep in it will be one adult sideways against the door, the two kids further to the bow where shorter, and one adult on the sleeper seat.

I'm really happy with the 542 layout. Walkaround if you need it, decent size cuddy, and enough fishing space in the back. With 3 and gear it gets crowded though, and I think 4 would be too many. Still, a good useful all-around boat, small enough to trailer easily but big enough to get out there and back safely. The after 05 models have the self-bailing cockpit and higher gunwales, both nice safer features.

hey cletus.
i have a '07 542. the new style is considerably larger. 7 inches higher but basicly the same length.
im 5' 8". and i have slept very well in the cuddy for 3 nites with my 5'2" chickee poo.we tried a few different positions til we were comfy.thers a few ways to get set up, so its not bad.
i recommend the newer 542s. lots of storage without p-potti.
btw.... my next choice would be the striper, it has alot more room up front but not much room at the stern..
the new campions measure out at 19.5 so a 20' trophy would be something to compare.
cheers

Maybe not the info you're searching for but just for comparison: We have an '07 602 and are both over 5'9". We can both be comfortable for two nights the third is a bit much. The boat is fabulous, stable, roomy, well equipped and moves like a cat on fire.

As for the multiple positions: definitely room for that!

Back