Camping in Ukee or Tofino

MadJigga

Hi
I’m looking for some first hand knowledge of campground with attached moorage in Ukee and Tofino. I’m planning on a week next August with my family. Kids ages 6&4 by then. Also, what’s the best (on average) week in August for fishing Springs?
Ok.
Best weekly moorage in Ukee or Yofino
Best campground in either.

Last edited:
Island West Resort has all these. Maybe not the fanciest campground in the area but it’s decent and they have their own marina and restaurant. We used the marina for the second time this year and found it very acceptable we also stayed in their motel and it’s appropriate for the price in the area. Not fancy but just what a fisherman wants. Did have a look at their campground and again, not the fanciest but decent for a fishing trip and you just walk down the hill a few hundred yards to your boat.

As far as timing goes Ucluelet as most areas on the west side are not as time sensitive as a lot of inside waters. Take a shot anytime from mid July to mid August and you can’t really go wrong. I’ll be booking again soon and will be in that first week of Aug window sometime.

Good luck.

I’m pretty sure your only option is Island west in ucluelet if you want the moorage to be attached. If you don’t have to be right in town I would pick secret beach as the camping area feels more like camping...

I don’t know of any campgrounds in tofino that have attached moorage.

Back