camping fishing Nootka Sound

Statler

Morning all,

Just finished setting the truck up for a camper and am now thinking of a new fishing adventure. Does anyone have any info and recommendations on areas around Nootka sound? It looks like it would be an interesting place to try. Tried the search but reports although promising seem a little old. I was thinking of a week or so trip in the next two weeks. I have a truck with camper and towing an 18' boat so a half decent campsite with a nearby boat launch. Was thinking of Cougar Creek, Moutcha Bay, Friendly Cove. Anyone have any recommendations that they would be willing to pass on and what the fishing, crabbing & prawning would be like this time of year?

Thanks,

I have been to cougar creek about 7 times , it's a great place but can be busy and full with people camping in the parking lot.The road in has some very big hills so make sure truck is up to it. Fishing can be fantastic to slow in the inside depending on timing and fish numbers.

Moutcha is doing the bs Hali quota crap...... Steer clear of that operation

Moutcha is doing the bs Hali quota crap...... Steer clear of that operation

Who could afford it anyways. $45.00 for a non serviced site which is a long long way from the water.
Dave

Back