Campbell River

Well this thread is getting no love. I'm curious as well. I'm heading up there next week from the mainland. Staying for a few days at the family cottage on Mcivor lake and would love to go wet wade the river for some pinks if they are in. No pinks in my neck of the woods on the even years.

Most years we don't see them till the end of July. If they stop in the charlottes to gorge on krill, they could be a couple of weeks late. They will come!

Spent about an hour at the river this evening. There were a few fish jumping and one person fly fishing had one on for a few minutes and lost it. I assumed it was a pink. A lot of people fishing the logging bridge toward town.

Cool! I will be up there as of Thursday. Going to try flyfishing for them for the first time - after I get my first three in the cooler. Lol

I better check the regs first though...

A fair number of pinks in the system and more everyday. Being fresh they are sticking close to the faster water and on the move. I caught several, some were 6lbs +. Lots of people fishing. Note: The regulations state you can only retain pinks below the Quinsam. Apparently many don't read the regulations.

Back