Campbell River

Was in the River Sports Man shop in Campbell River last week and also asked if the river was closed .
I was told that it was open ,although a lot of people are under the misconception that it is closed.

oh great thank you. the river seems in the boundary of closure so was wondering.
hope good number of pinks comes back again this year.

I went up on friday but didn't have a chance to post till now. When I was there there were only about 3 fishermen on the river and no pinks to be seen.

I just got a report from a friend who is in Campbell River right now. He checked out the scene today and said the river is low and not many fish. Only a few people fishing. He even went to the mouth and tried fishing from the beach, but had no luck. He was there at the same time last year and easily had a handful of pinks in a few hours from the same spot.

Just a heads up, pinks showed up big times couple nights ago. There were huge schools of them making their way up the river yesterday. Go enjoy them. Better late than never. The size of fish seemed to be bigger this year too.

You better make a reservation to find a spot to fish. Pinks are here and so are the people. Good Luck.

Fished for a couple hours today. There are a number of fish in the river now, but certainly not any where near the numbers when the run peaks. Only about 20 - 30 people fishing and only saw 3 fish landed. First time for me being shut out, with only a couple of hits with no hookups. Very tight lipped.

There are tons of pinks in the Campbell but they are getting pretty dark now. Still fish with sea lices coming up but they are dark too. It's still fishable but probably not the best for consumption. I noticed they are not close to its spunky selfs anymore, which is understandable for being on the river for a while now.

Was up there this week. "Caught" lots of pinks, even fair hooked a few but never got a bite. Using circle hooks reduced the catch but the ratio of where they were hooked didn't change much. Clipped the point off the fly and didn't get a single hit. Bored of dragging in tired, soft pinks so I went down and tossed gear at the pier. Played 3 springs. There are an incredible amount of teen to low twenties springs around.

Back