Campbell River Reports 2014

Thanks GP, I just talked with a buddy who went out to the hump for a few hours last night and got skunked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pinks are coming down-- fish the wall north of Deepwater Bay-- 50-75 feet. Be careful however-- there is the odd sox mixed in.

Fished Browns this morning, on the BB side. Slow. One undersized spring and two or three grilse. Lots of small feed around. Tried briefly for a ling too. No love.

A few pinks were around, but that wasn't our target.

Fished the hump all day, took home a small spring and a coho. Was extremely slow, lots of boats out there and never saw anyone catching. Never did power over to the green can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slow day for me today fished right from high to past low tide. 4 grilse and 2 long line releases that felt a little weightier. 3 keeper crab though!:)

Had my 8 year old girl out with me today, fished all day ended up with one decent spring and a pink. Fished the hump.
y4y4ejed.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's been a good number of chinook being caught just south of you at Kitty Coleman. Beach launch at Kitty Coleman park or launch at pacific playgrounds or salmon point. It's a very forgiving bottom. Run you gear right off the bottom.

One 16 marbled spring from 220' on green apex, boated 4 coho from 180-200 on white or green white hoochies. All coho were stuffed with krill shoulda been using red lol. Spring full of 4-6" herring.

Lost 2 nice coho to seal, only got the heads to the boat. A few shakers were attacked and chomped by doggies. All action from 2-4 this afternoon. Good day!

One 16 marbled spring from 220' on green apex, boated 4 coho from 180-200 on white or green white hoochies. All coho were stuffed with krill shoulda been using red lol. Spring full of 4-6" herring.

Lost 2 nice coho to seal, only got the heads to the boat. A few shakers were attacked and chomped by doggies. All action from 2-4 this afternoon. Good day!

Sorry CR, I got sucked in by previous HiJack post... This was meant for kitty thread

Fished a long day on the "CR Hump and green can". I must have a hidden banana on my boat or something, I'm in a funk. Ran my new Nogs needles all day on the port side so I could keep an eye on them.(various depths) One shaker one grilse with different hoochies and depths on the strbrd side one shaker one grilse one coho lost at the net(solo fishing) I was on the bait and fish all day both rods just shaking at times from dragging through the masses. I did reel everything in and manage to jig a legal lingcod up at the end of the day. I want to fight Salmon again though!IMG-20140801-00829.jpgIMG-20140801-00825.jpg

Back