Campbell River Reports 2014

Spent 5 hrs in Deepwater bay today. Saw quite a few schools busting the surface but didn't hook up with anything. Only saw 1 fish caught.

Nope! Non stop action on the Hump today. All Chinook and Coho 175-235ft on the rigger. Yee ha what a day. Still grinning.
Best day Ive had since July.

A group of us fish out on the Humps yesterday afternoon in 3 boats...Lots of big bait around & some pretty nice early winter spring action..Largest fish of the group was just a tad over 12lbs :)

Pretty foggy this morning. Went out anyway and did some jigging at the hump. Had my line cut four times including 2 braided hook-ups. Managed to take home a 10lb spring jigging with a point Wilson white and silver.

I have no freaking clue! It happened almost instantaneously after getting a couple could pulls on the line. Could it be dogfish?

Check your swivels. Sometimes the flasher will spin your line like yarn, all the way back to the clip and put a heavy tangle right at the clip. As soon as your flasher winds itself back to the clip, your rod will bounce like it has a fish, and you will try to yank the rod to release the line. Snap! All gone! Clue would be a weird
Look to the line where it broke

Optimystic:-

Are you running your jigs tied directly to braid?

Instead try running about a five-foot leader of mono ( 20,25 or 30lb test) from your jig to a barrel swivel.....and then connect your braid to the swivel.

I usually go with 20lb mono leader.

never had a "cut-thru" yet..........even with doggies on.........

But it wouldn't take much for doggies,Lings or Chinooks to cut braid that was directly tied to a jig.......

Mono knot seems to last longer too when the jig is flopping around down there .......

Have had this happen before. I would think that it is a timing thing. Dogfish in large schools at this time of year moving through. Had it happen in front of Browns Bay, Francis Bay and out by Francisco Point as well.

Picked up this feeder yesterday on the ebb yesterday close to the hump. 180'

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 555
Looking into Prawning in the CR area. Can anyone send me a PM of where to try? Not looking for GPS coordinates or anything, just a general area and depth.
My landlord told me about a couple spots he used to fish commercially for prawns but they are a bit of a run.

nice CC,
those are going to make a few good meals!

Back