Campbell River Reports 2014

Had a stellar day fishing the green can today some real nice chinook being caught. Most fish caught just off the bottom in 180 ft of water with a Tomic Plug 652 6" tubby. Fished the ebb tide.

I watched Chek TV news last night about CR fishermen discussing the estimate of sockeye salmon coming in at CR..They think that the massive schools of sockeyes will go thru CR for few more weeks.....good news!

Nice. Hope to be up North CR in Discovery Passage next weekend looking for some sockeye...fingers crossed

There are a lot of sox between Plumper and Chatham right now.
They are large, relative to the Alberni run.
No family should miss this fishery - get out there!

Fished Deepwater Bay Sat. am.Arrived about 7:30 am,fished for about an hour with nothing happening and then the activity heated up and we had 8 fish in a couple of hours
Lots of boats out.Lots of fish around.Usual sox gear and depths of 60-80feet
Great way to get a grandson jacked up about fishing
A little foggy first thing out there but overall very nice day on the water

Arrived at the wall north of Browns around 8:30 in the fog. Obviously the "wrong side" as we didn't get a sniff all morning. When the fog lifted we could see over to the Deepwater/Plumber side with ALL the boats side by each and said "Aw *****! We're on the wrong side!" HAHA! Oh well next time we stay on the east shore if its foggy.

Does anyone ever try fishing shallow at the green can like we used to (known as the "killing fields" in the 80's)? I can't see why fish would be there.

Arrived at the wall north of Browns around 8:30 in the fog. Obviously the "wrong side" as we didn't get a sniff all morning. When the fog lifted we could see over to the Deepwater/Plumber side with ALL the boats side by each and said "Aw *****! We're on the wrong side!" HAHA! Oh well next time we stay on the east shore if its foggy.
Couldn't help but laugh. That's a funny story. Did you not do any research? You're a member of the forum and there's a lot of info on here about where to go. Slept in arrived at Deepwater late, caught my limit and bailed. It was BUSY there. Anyone know why the Gillnetter is allowed to fish within the boundary? Oh ya and thanks to the commercial boat that cut right in front of me with no warning. I was fighting a fish by myself and you didn't even have gear out. I'm very respectful and give the working guys lots of room but that was pretty weak.

Does anyone ever try fishing shallow at the green can like we used to (known as the "killing fields" in the 80's)? I can't see why fish would be there.

Nailed a nice 23lb spring there 2 weeks ago trolling a Tomic 500 plug fast at 25ft in 65ft. Sweet fight. The fish launched out of the water as I pulled the rod out of the holder. Great fun. Made my day.

was out at the hump today between 12 and 5 , got 2 sharks, 2 undersize and finally an 8 pound spring on a blue meanie hootchie and green flasher at 160 ft.that was it.slow goin but nice on the water.

It's been almost two weeks since I went sockeye fishing. Are the socks still hanging around Deep Water Bay lately ? When I did go fishing for them, it was an early morning bite and then very little for the rest of the day. Is that still the case ?

CL is exactly right, we hit Greensea last night and got 4, but off the wall past Deepwater this a.m. we could only scratch up one!
Crazy boat fire in Plumper today, hope all are safe.

Just counted over 20 boats fishing south of the green can.
Heard there is a few springs there. Hope someone gives
a report. .....BB

Back