Campbell River Report

R

Rumrunner

Awesome boys and Girls,

You want to have a great time on the CALM waters, come up and visit Campbell River. Have been going out every morning and coming up with limits or one or two short of limits. It's been that good! On top of that the reports are that fish are starting to move in from the norht down Johnstone Straight. It will only get better. Our Pinks And Sockeye should be here in about two weeks. Then we go to 20-30 fish per tide. Way too much rod action!!!! Oh well, you lost that one, wait five minutes. Need info? Give me a call,

Tight lines,

Rumrunner

if you do not have a boat, how is discovery pier...and are fish showing up in the quinsam at all? anywhere else near?

if you do not have a boat, how is discovery pier...and are fish showing up in the quinsam at all? anywhere else near?

Hi Mr. Ed,

Fish are just starting to show at the pier. Was just south of there tonight, and was hitting wild Coho (5lbs). There has been the odd Pink salmon being taken on trolling gear up north of the narrows. THere has been a flury of seiners going north the past couple of days. I'm asuming that they are headed for Rupert. Telegraph is having great success right now. Those fish should move down within the next week. Was up at Sonora two days ago and hit some nice fat Springs up there. It's gona bust loose real soon here. At the same time the Lighthouse has been rocking!

Tight lines,

Rumrunner

Hi Mr. Ed,

Fish are just starting to show at the pier. Was just south of there tonight, and was hitting wild Coho (5lbs). There has been the odd Pink salmon being taken on trolling gear up north of the narrows. THere has been a flury of seiners going north the past couple of days. I'm asuming that they are headed for Rupert. Telegraph is having great success right now. Those fish should move down within the next week. Was up at Sonora two days ago and hit some nice fat Springs up there. It's gona bust loose real soon here. At the same time the Lighthouse has been rocking!

Tight lines,

Rumrunner

Hi Mr. Ed,

Tight lines,

Rumrunner

There is a sport fishing pier right down town. There are Pink, Coho and Chinook salmon available there.

Rumrunner

There is a sport fishing pier right down town. There are Pink, Coho and Chinook salmon available there.

Rumrunner

Rumrunner

Last Thursday a 46 lb Chinook was caught from what oldtimers call the Argonaut Wharf off Tyee Spit. Friday I saw an undersize caught in the Tyee Pool.
It's about to happen.

Last Thursday a 46 lb Chinook was caught from what oldtimers call the Argonaut Wharf off Tyee Spit. Friday I saw an undersize caught in the Tyee Pool.
It's about to happen.

It's about to happen.

Second boat out on the hump Thursday AM. Lots and lots of bait on the sounder.
Thought to myself, "self, this is going to be a great fish catching day".

Fished 3 1/2 hours, lost 2 fish down deep, can you believe 275 on the rigger?
Came home SKUNKED! Fished one down deep and the other up high
looking for a hatchery coho. ...........BB

Back