Campbell River Pinks

winephart

Crew Member
Time to ask the yearly question, anyone seeing Pinks. I've walked a bunch of the river every second day for the last week. Have seen the odd lone pink but no schools. Should be close to time for them. Water conditions are real low.

I'll be up there next week for a few days. Staying on the family's private island on McIver Lake, will certainly make a wet wade in the CR part of the trip.

I recall last year at this time they weren't in thick but I found a little travelling lane away from the crowd and had a ton of success. Hoping for the same as I am 'on the hook' to provide some fish for the BBQ.

Bit of a change with very small schools coming in for the last 36 hours. not a ton of fish coming through but it is a start!

3100 counted last swim, several days ago, along with one Steelhead and one Chinook.

Tons of unmarked juvenile salmon, perhaps from the incubator boxes for the big parent program, we hope.

Take care.

Fished the Lower River, between the 2 Island Hwy bridges . I fished from just before morning high tide for 3 1/2 hours. Managed 2 pinks but never saw any moving fish .
Then moved up to just below the confluence for another 3 hours.
Not a sniff of fish. Nothing moving and no fish that I could see taken by others above or below me.

Was on the river just downstream of the logging bridge (?) In a little slick that is usually money. Have to rappel down to get to it.

Didnt see any fish caught, none showing, not a sniff.

Was there for only about 45 mins.

There are Pinks in for sure, judging from the numerous cars parked along the road, plus I saw several moving up the Quinsam past Eric's Riffle this afternoon whilst checking the garbage can there.

A few cars parked on the Quinny at the parking lots too.

Given the number of Pinks whooping it up in the Tyee Pool these past three days there should be more moving into the river daily.

Go get 'em.

Take care.

Wow ! Feast or Famine this year. Fish were a bit late and we all got our shorts in a knot . But now its lots of big fresh Pinks with sea lice on. All the usual spots are fishing well.

My neighbour fished there for the first time today. She came home with her limit. This was her first time fishing for anything in BC.

Fished there a few days last week and hit lots of fresh fish. River had a decent water volume so I don’t think fish where holding lower just shooting up and into the quinsam or upper reaches.

Back