Campbell River Grizz

IronNoggin

From Facebook: Cermaq Canada

Qk2cbpZ.jpg

Our Little Bear Hatchery, located north of Campbell River is living up to its name. In the last two weeks, our employees have seen a cougar, as well as a momma black bear and her cub. Today - our employees spotted this big beauty foraging along the river. This is the second grizzly in less than a year as we had another big fella near the hatchery last fall. Who says Vancouver Island doesn't have grizzlies? Thanks to our employee Frank for sending the pic in.

It's interesting, I've been watching the story as the campsite nearby is closed until further notice. Someone had a fairly recent pic of one swimming right towards the island and almost there.

MUST be photo shopped as guys on other forum SWEAR there is no grizz on island saw them 17 years ago on craycroft island people said no way .... i think thats just a black with a big hump on it ... as ive only seen about 1000 of them i must be wrong!!!!!

Never seen one on Vancouver Island, they have made a statement in regs for a couple years. I have seen many on a few islands in between mainland and less than 1 km from VI. Remember being stranded on Hardwick for a night and my host showed me a sow with 3 cubs not 50 yds from their cabin. Only a matter of time before they find our small deer and fluffy spirit bears as a nice satisfying meal. Leave Thursday for 2 weeks inside passage mainland fiords, do hope to see some on beach's while we are fishing/BB hunting.

HM

Back