Campbell River Area Winter Springs Nov-Dec

Teal

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for fishing the early winter spring season? Last year I found sub legal fish between Shelter and Willow point before family business took me away for most of Dec. Regardless, any info would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Keep at it. On the bottom. 2 years ago we landed a 22lb out front mid December. I don't change gear much from summer rigging really. Had decent fishing during the chum derby last year too for springs. No boats and nice water.

I know a good buddy of mine had success last winter, albeit into Jan-feb, but right on bottom with 5” plugs. Anywhere from out front of stories all the way up to willow point. Also out towards grants reef as well, bit of a run from CR though.

Winters are starting to turn up in Howe sound/Bowen areas already so wouldn’t hurt to give it a go. Best of luck!

Hey guys, what depth are you fishing in that area? 200 - 300 feet ish or much closer to the beach?

I'm in Comox and usually fish Lazo, Kitty Coleman, Hornby but I would like to try some winter fishing out there this year.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Last edited:
Back