"calling out" guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkerfam

There has been an interesting development in the Haida Gwai reports thread. Summary as follows:

Report filed by fisherman whose hired guide refused or at least fought hard to not descend bycatch rockfish, and then pressured the fisherman to keep a too-small-to-be-legal salmon.

The reporter never mentioned the guides name, and overall shared very positive experiences about the guide.

Others chimed in that it was good to report both the good and bad behavior, while one felt that since the guide couldn't/didn't have a voice on this forum that his bad activity shouldn't be reported.

My opinion is that if a guide is encouraging unethical and/or illegal activities it should absolutely be reported in order to hopefully shed light on the issues and encourage change to protect the fish we all love.

Would like to hear other opinions.

HB

The guest is always right unless it’s a safety issue. A guide should be reported or called out for doing **** like that. Had a guide once that asked if we had any beer to share with him while we were fishing. We didn’t so than asked if we had any weed. I was with my buddy and his 14 year old son. Made sure the owner of the charter company heard about it.

I am sure if he really wanted to slam them he would go on trip advisor and do it like everyone else. generally they have amazing 5 star reviews.

upload_2018-6-20_10-47-50.png
upload_2018-6-20_10-55-43.png

We have guidelines in our forum rules regarding posting accusations about a business or individual in the forum in regard to bad behaviour or potential illegal activity. There is usually no way to unequivocally prove the allegations are accurate here and even if the individual or business came on here trying to defend itself, it would turn into a he said she said. The place to complain is either to the business directly or the authorities who can do something about it if indeed laws are being broken. We are not going to have this can of worms opened for further discussion here.
Edit: As per WMY post above, there are places to rate businesses on the internet where you will find both good and bad reports. We are not such a site and won't be anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back