Call to Action – Help Save BC’s Public Fishery

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by Admin, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UkeeDreamin

UkeeDreamin Well-Known Member

You’re wrong, while the province does manage water and land use, the Fed Govt and DFO are responsible for the protection of fish habitat. Further as the Fed FA is senior to any of the Provincial statutes that give them authority to manage land and water, the Fed Fisheries Act always takes precedence and thus overrides any authority the Provinces have.

Cheers!

Ukee

2. UkeeDreamin

Also, I would hope that none of us are naive enough to not realize foreign owned and run corporations and industry lobbies have far more $$$s and influence over ALL gov’ts, including Trudeaus libs, than any ENGOs will ever have.

Cheers!

Ukee

3. SpringVelocity

SpringVelocity Well-Known Member

It worked that way before the fisheries act changes. Actually your wrong been through it with an actual active file recently not theory. Environment Canada doesn't have that power right now, or the amount officers to enforce.

DFO only gets involved at the end if needed. BC goevrnment is in control at the moment I am afraid. I was actually shocked going through the process.

4. UkeeDreamin

Sorry, you’re wrong again. Authorities are founded in the constitution and what authority provinces have is delegated by the feds and, as such, Fed legislation is always “Senior”. Fisheries Act always has and always will supercede all Prov legislation.

If you’re referring to the fact Federal Environmental Assessments aren’t always triggered when a provincial EA is, that’s an entirely different matter and does not fetter the authority of either the FA to protect fish habitat or various statutes ECCC administers to prevent pollution.

Cheers!

Ukee

5. walleyes

walleyes Crew Member

Your not really aware of what’s going on in this country right now in regards to foreign investment are you. Never in our modern history has there been such a flight of investment from our country. We are on the verge of a massive recession, basically on the tipping point. The ENGO groups are running the country, Trudeau has their insiders in his cabinet, they are running the country and running investment out. They are breaking our country it’s only starting to show up if we give them another 4 years we will be so far gone it will take generations to pull us out. They can not be given another term.

https://business.financialpost.com/...p-into-recession-without-the-u-s-bca-says-yes

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/canada-in-top-of-the-ninth-as-recession-looms-rosenberg-1.1211617

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/economics/video/inside-the-markets-expect-a-recession-in-2019~1342279

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    CVmike, disco and IronNoggin like this.
  6. GLG

GLG Well-Known Member

Sometimes a person should just sit back a listen to another and they will tell you who they are.
    [​IMG]

7. UkeeDreamin

ENGOS are running the country, not industry ... LOL, whatever delusions work for you Walleyes.

Suppose that explains why our govt bought a pipeline instead of BC fishing lodges, right?

Anyway, not going to solve the political rift on this thread that’s for sure!

Cheers!

Ukee

8. SpringVelocity

Well wasn't what I experienced directly engaged directly with our Environmental officer and MOE, and Riparian enforcement division of the government, so let's agree to disagree. It really doesn't matter anyway.

9. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

sarcasm GLG Sarcasm, How's it going mark?

upload_2019-4-27_9-59-38.png

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  10. walleyes

walleyes Crew Member

That explains exactly why this goverment bought a pipeline lol. The goof balls now have complete control over the only access to foreign markets available to our country geez man are you really that unaware of what’s happening out there.

disco and IronNoggin like this.
  11. UkeeDreamin

Ahhh, they bought it to kill the industry, got it. So, rather than stop the billions of dollars in O&G industry subsidies annually, they spent more tax dollars on the industry only to kill it. That makes perfect logical sense.

How much for one of your tinfoil hats, Walleyes, Now that I’ve seen the light I think I’ll need one, too!

This forum has always had its ups and downs but the last 6-months or so the same group of trolls has turned most threads into political and industry lobbying that has nothing to do with the fishing or fishery management topics the OPs intended.

Hope everyone can get out and enjoy our beautiful coast this summer despite the BS of these regs and that all of you continue to advocate for our sport and the fish and environments that support it in whichever way you feel is best.

Cheers and Tight Lines all!

Ukee

12. GLG

GLG Well-Known Member

I'm not the only person that has noticed that you seem to be on both sides of issues here on this site and others. It's like you get a kick out of stirring the pot. I could post ton's of examples but frankly you're not worth it.

13. walleyes

walleyes Crew Member

Ok,, so a boy from the left coast is going to give me, a second generation, 35 + years in the industry myself a lesson in how the oil and gas industry works in this country,, got yah.

Tight lines to you too cause that’s all you got and that’s fleeting fast. Ever been to St John NF and seen what the closure of a fishery does to an area and communities. Keep your Libs and Greens in power and your going to find out fast.

disco and brutus like this.
  14. SpringVelocity

Wow this thread went sideways.

Rain City likes this.
  15. Admin

Admin Admin Staff Member

Sure did. This thread has served it's purpose and there are many others that are more current regarding our latest set of challenges.

Derby likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.