cabin design names ?

myflyisdown

Looking for a boat and trying to sort for a style with rear deck area controls as well as in-cabin controls.
I was told these are 'command' bridge as opposed to top 'flying' bridge type, but am finding top stations of various names.
What should I be asking for?

Cabin with Alaskan bulkhead...which are the Seasport, Skagit Orca, Opsrey and theb23 & 26 ft Hourston design boats.

I think you are looking for a boat with a rear station. Try that for a search and see what you find.

Oly

Then again, you could always just find a boat you like and add a rear staition yourself.

Oly

Looking for a boat and trying to sort for a style with rear deck area controls as well as in-cabin controls.
I was told these are 'command' bridge as opposed to top 'flying' bridge type, but am finding top stations of various names.
What should I be asking for?
A command bridge has a partially enclosed steering station sitting directly above the cabin like many Bayliner cruisers. A flying bridge is an open, tubing tower built many feet above the cabin such as you would find on large, Caribbean big game fishing or tuna boats. As others have noted, you are looking for something different than these. Perhaps a pilothouse with a rear station installed?

Ha!) okay, flying isn't what I'm after, sounds like its a level down from a crows nest)

Except when a search on boats.com filters for 'flybridge' and all that come up have control station on top of cabin
And no particular filter for rear deck control station

Common name for rear deck controls is Aft Steering Station

Back