Cabellas vacuum sealer and bags

Tips Up

anyone using cabellas pro vacuum sealer? It’s on for $99 right now. Thought I may try it in replacement of my food saver that just broke down.

Also do the food saver bags work well in cabellas sealer? Food saver bags are cheap at Costco when on sale and have mostly worked well for me.

Thanks

I started out with food saver bags. about half leaked for me. I got some bags from a guy on the forum a couple of years ago that had almost 100% success. They are all gone now:(
This year I tried the Cabellas bags. No leakers so far. The food savers I picked up as a stop gap between running out of the good ones and the new Cabellas are looking like my previous batch, full of air with freezer burn starting in

I started out with food saver bags. about half leaked for me. I got some bags from a guy on the forum a couple of years ago that had almost 100% success. They are all gone now:(
This year I tried the Cabellas bags. No leakers so far. The food savers I picked up as a stop gap between running out of the good ones and the new Cabellas are looking like my previous batch, full of air with freezer burn starting in
@fish brain Cheers. Those were from myself. I bought a large order to help raise money for SVIAC and the Net Pen project. I ordered from Hartfords out of Edmonton, if you'd like to get more.

@fish brain Cheers. Those were from myself. I bought a large order to help raise money for SVIAC and the Net Pen project. I ordered from Hartfords out of Edmonton, if you'd like to get more.

Those were really great bags. I will look into Hartfords. I probably have two seasons worth of Cabellas bags, as I loaded up once I decided that I liked them. Do you remember what thickness they were?

anyone using cabellas pro vacuum sealer? It’s on for $99 right now. Thought I may try it in replacement of my food saver that just broke down.

Also do the food saver bags work well in cabellas sealer? Food saver bags are cheap at Costco when on sale and have mostly worked well for me.

Thanks
https://www.cabelas.ca/product/103419/cabelas-12-pro-series-vacuum-sealer#BVRRSummaryContainer I read the reviews on just about any Cabela's brand name item before buying. I do like the Cabela's vacuum bags much more than the Food Saver bags. Hardly any leakers, and usually if I do get a leaker, it's because some liquid has been sucked over the sealing area.

I have had very little issues with Food Saver Bags. I put my fillets on a cookie sheet and freeze them for a few hours before vacuum sealing. This keeps the fluids from getting into the sealer.

I am hearing that the Cabellas bags are better and preferred

But... My post was in regards to the Cabellas Vacuum Sealer itself and I still have not reports on that.
Anyone?

If your foodsaver still runs but just doesnt complete the vacuum cycle, theres a good chance the gasket is the problem. These are super easy and cheap to replace. I did mine and the foodsaver works like new again. before i found out about these i was considering buying the cabellas unit but the reviews on it didnt look very good. One thing from the reviews i read though was that you had to use the cabellas bags to get good results with it. I use the cabellas bags now with my food saver and they are way better.

I’ve got the 12” commercial grade from Cabelas. It’s been excellent for 3 years. It has a good double seal. As mentioned in earlier posts the bags from Halfords work really well. The last time I ordered them it was $220/1000 all in for the 8”x12” bags

I have the 12" pro elite from Cabelas excellent so far they go on sale for 149$ a couple times a year I doubt the smaller units they have on sale now are any better than the food saver models

I have had very little issues with Food Saver Bags. I put my fillets on a cookie sheet and freeze them for a few hours before vacuum sealing. This keeps the fluids from getting into the sealer.

I am hearing that the Cabellas bags are better and preferred

But... My post was in regards to the Cabellas Vacuum Sealer itself and I still have not reports on that.
Anyone?
I like my Cabelas unit. Really like the pulse that they have. My old food saver never worked well from the get go.

Wow. Never thought of freezing before Vacuuming anything. Awesome..

I wrap my filets in Resinite - big roll from Costco - before vacuum sealing in my Food Saver. Seals all the moisture in and doesn't "suck" through the seal. Works great.

I like my Cabelas unit. Really like the pulse that they have. My old food saver never worked well from the get go.

Wow. Never thought of freezing before Vacuuming anything. Awesome..[/

Works great for shelled crab also. Seals all the moisture in.

I wrap my filets in Resinite - big roll from Costco - before vacuum sealing in my Food Saver. Seals all the moisture in and doesn't "suck" through the seal. Works great.
I have been doing exactly the same for several years now. Never a problem with a seal and provides an extra layer of protection to your fish or meat. Works better than partial freezing before vacuum packing.
...Rob

Back