Buying used motor; subject to...

Luna

What do you think...
Buying a 2009 camp return outboard out of the crate no controls,prop, 350hrs, 1 year factory warranty (covers everything). Buying a motor w/out seeing it run, yikes. Buying it from Van and bringing it to Vic.. What if the local Merc guy hooks it up and its been beat? Hrs are VERY low for camp motor?? Merc dealer says you cannot hurt the motor in question with 350hrs unless you run it on a rock. Trying to get some paperwork from seller about service, ect. Should I try and include any subject to's on the bill of sale eventhough the guy will say as is probably.
Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Is it a dealer you are working with and are they reputable ?
If so, a year warranty is pretty fair on a camp return.
The only draw back i can see is if warranty work is required, does it have to go back to the mainland ?

One year warrenty, but sold as "as is"? Something not right. But if it does indeed have a 1 year warrenty, and the price is right, then it sound good to me. Do they have any 70 - 90s? looking for one..................BB

Still trying to find out from this guy if he is a wholesaler, auctioneer or what. I now have the serial # and I will take it to my local merc dealer. With that thay can tell me where the motor has been and if there have been any warrranty claims on it. Because it is a 2009 it is a manufacturer warranty and is honored by any merc dealership. Dealership said I could even buy an extended warranty from them. If I buy the motor I can walk into any merc dealership and they will honor the manufacturer warranty no paperwork or nothing, sounds to good to be true. I have confirmed this with the dealership...
BB have a look at the Bridgeview Marine or GA Checkpoint website...
Not who Iam going with but maybe worth a look. I know GA had 2 nice yammies but do not know the hours.
Thanks for the reply boys; Craven I will say hi next time I see you.

I looked at the Yamaha outboards at GA Checkpoint yesterday but was pretty chocked when they told me they have 2000-2100 hours on them - in view of those hours, the price does not seem like that much of a bargain after all.:(

I just threw up in my mouth....2000ish hrs. Don't forget plus controls, instal and tax. Great deal,lol!!

Back