Building boats from Hourston glascraft molds

I don’t understand your comment. The boats will be 100% North American made.
Cool. I know I’ve heard that the molds were sold and shipped overseas to a China. I’m guessing that’s what Raincity is referring to. I’m sure he’ll chime in

We are working on launching a new line of boats using the original Hourston Glascraft molds. It will be a 2021 launch. Let me know if anyone is interested.

As well as those interested in new Hourstons [and there will be some], there will be guys like me [and all the other rebuilders out there] who would love to purchase replacement or upgrade parts. For my boat, Hourston sold us the motor cover and swimgrid. Maybe create rebuild kits with options for content?

Also consider talking to rebuilders about their experience with the boats - guys like Robert Snyder, and companies like Blackline that have rebuilt more than one. One recommendation I'd have is foam stringers -- the wood has been the biggest weakness of the boat.

My rebuilt 23' with D3-200 diesel and foam stringers is one of the nicest riding and most economical boats around. I just covet Robert's 26.

Glad to hear Hourston is coming back!

There is definitely a market for a local well made boat.
I think there is a huge shortfall in 16-20' models.
If you could put out a 17' Sportsman style runabout at a reasonable
price, you would be inundated with orders. JMHO

We would be capable of building 15’ -26’ models. Likely all outboard / pod style. Looking at a web based ordering system getting great feedback. I will keep everyone updated as we move forward.

We would be capable of building 15’ -26’ models. Likely all outboard / pod style. Looking at a web based ordering system getting great feedback. I will keep everyone updated as we move forward.
Yes, that sounds like a great business model. You’ll have no problem selling them if you can keep your selling price reasonable

I love my 26 cc. It eats the ocean

My hourston island runner is first in line for a new stainless replacement windshield. Somehow the taylormade pn stickers were left off during the original build and i want this replaced.

If you guys are up for it I'm in.

As for selling your boats, lease like 100' in secret cove and tie them up, all will be sold in 10 mins or less. I can sell ours pretty much each time its at the dock at secret cove marina for fuel.

Come on, let's do this.

Last edited:
Back